Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2006, 09:27 AM   #1
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
someone please help me

i just don't know what to do. my baby hates to sleep in his crib. again. he has done this before and i got him over it by letting him cio, but that just doesn't feel right, it never did, and we all hate it. but it works. what else works??? i am trying to read the no cry sleep solution, but finding time for that with twins on opposite schedules and one that doesn't sleep anymore is proving more difficult that i had hoped. im going to try and finish it when they go to bed tonight.

he goes to bed at night fine, its the naps that are the problem. he will be drowsy, or even completely asleep, but as soon as i make a move, no matter how gentle or slow, to put him in his crib, that's it, he's up and fussing!! yesterday i just napped with him on me, but i can't to that today, my dh is at work and i have another baby to care for.

i have given him the hyland's calms, and even tried benadryl. i am at my wit's end. he's so tired.

please, any suggestions are welcome. i just don't know what to do anymore.

eta: he's 11 months old.

Advertisement

Last edited by titania; 09-25-2006 at 09:39 AM.
titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #2
halyled
Registered Users
seller

Re: someone please help me

Pacifier? Lovey? Music/white noise? When you go to put him in the crib, are you getting up from a sitting position? If so, have you tried rocking him side to side a bit before you put him in the crib? How many naps does he take/how long?

All of the above seems to work for my son. By CIO I don't know if you mean just leaving and letting the baby cry himself to sleep, or returning at intervals. I don't often have to, but if DS is having trouble settling down I will return every few minutes of minutes to pat him/rub his back, replace his binkie, turn his music back on until he finally drops off. All the "experts" say not to use these methods, but poo on them. This is not their child.

halyled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:39 PM   #3
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

I used the No Cry Sleep solution principles when Grace was about a year old with fantastic results in less than a week.

Grace has never been much of a napper, although she naps fine at daycare

On the weekend, the only place she will nap is on the sofa or my bed and NEVER her crib. I figure as long as she is sleeping at night, I can live with challenging naptimes!

Good luck, mama
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Have you tried laying him in a blanket(looosely around him and not so he couldn't wiggle out) then when you put him down he isn't going on a cold sheet.

Is he tired when you're putting him down or is he sleepy but not quite tired enough to nap?
Old 09-26-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks for the responses ladies. we *seem* to be making some progress. he actually let me put him in his crib twice today, and one of those times he slept for an hour(!) so that's encouraging to me. i know it means nothing about what tomorrow will bring, but today was good (enough).
titania is offline   Reply With Quote