Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
MotherGoose518
Registered Users

Please tell me my cycles aren't coming back!

DD is 4.5 months old.
She exclusively breastfed - no solids, no bottles, no pacifiers.
She eats every 2-3 hours during the day.
She sleeps with me at night - she goes to bed in her own bed at 8 and then wakes up at midnight to eat and I bring her in with me for the rest of the night. She nurses at 12 or 1, 4 or 5, and then again anytime between 6 and 8 and then off and on from there until she wakes up for the day at 8.
I take a nap with her daily or nearly daily - once in a while I am not able to but my regular practice is to nap with her in the morning - and nurse through that nap.

Based on that I should be safe, but I had some really light spotting this week. On Sunday it was just a slight tinge on the TP that I thought was a figment of my imagination. Then on Monday one time when I wiped there was definate blood - kind of like the beginning of bloody show when you are at the end of pregnancy. Same thing on Tuesday, just once. Wednesday nothing noticable, and then yesterday a streak just one time. Please tell me this is just a fluke and not a warning that my cycles are coming back already. With my last baby (the only other one I breastfed) my cycles came back at 9 months when he started solids.

Advertisement

MTHFR + possible Ehler's Danlos Syndrome
Lovenox, Folic Acid Therapy, Aspirin Therapy

Last edited by MotherGoose518; 05-16-2008 at 10:27 PM.
MotherGoose518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me my cycles aren't coming back!

This is probably not what you want to hear but I got mine back between 2-3 months postpartum with my first baby, and I was ebf every 2-3 hours during the day and 4-5 hours at night. I definitely felt like I got the short end of that stick dd2 just turned 2 months old today so I'm bracing myself to get it soon...

It sucks--so sorry mama if it is your period!

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:18 PM   #3
clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Re: Please tell me my cycles aren't coming back!

I'm not sure if it's your cycle, but every "body" is different and it just may be. I think if you'd ask your doctor they would tell you that just because your breastfeeding doesn't gaurantee (did I spell that right?) no period. It's kind of like some people say you can't get pregnant while breasting. It's true for some but not for all!
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
hiding57
Registered Users
seller

I got a cou[le breakthrough short periods at that time but thne it went away again for a while. So I wouldn't worry to much. Although I would use BC.
hiding57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #5
paigemikey2003
Registered Users

With dd#1 it came back at 3mths and with dd#2 at 9 weeks pp. With both I was nursing at least every two hrs. DD#1 would sleep 4-5 hrs at night, but #2 is every 1.5-2 hrs around the clock. Sorry but it sounds like the hag may be joining you again.