Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:43 AM   #11
fuzzycakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help what decongestant can I take?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilepad View Post
You can take sudafed on a short-term basis but watch your supply. It doesn't necessarily hurt the baby but it might hurt your supply. Though I will warn you that when i took it when nursing my ds, he got HYPER!!

I second the neti pot/sinus rinse suggestion. I use the Sinus Rinse Kit by Neil med (you can get it at walgreens) and it knocks sinus infections out without the need for decongestants or antibiotics. Just make sure to use warm distilled water and don't do it right before bed.

Yup, I would try to be vigilent about a nasal rinse= I have the Neil med kit too, but am not vigilent about it long hot steamy showers, hot spicey food and drink, and sudafed as needed. I usually just try to take one pill instead of two, as infrequently as possible, but sometimes, you really need it!

Also, if anyone in your house has Nasonex (prescription nasal allergy spray) that helped me a ton w/ my last sinus infection. My sons ped felt bad for me, my OB was holding off on antibiotics, so the pedi gave me some nasonex samples

Advertisement

~Rebecca~ mamma to DS#1 Emmett (10/26/06) , DS#2 Henry (6/2/08) , and DS#3 Calvin (9/17/09)
fuzzycakes is offline   Reply With Quote