Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #11
Re: Let Down Too Fast

For new babies, a nipple shield works really well for overactive let down. It did for me!

tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:21 PM   #12
My Mood:

Thank you everyone so much!!

I can't lie on my back because my son doesn't have the best head control and will just flop into my boob so he can't breathe.

I tried the austrailian hold and it works! I'm happy, though I have to get up and night still and do it, but it's worth it. He's happier than ever now, thanks so much!
NathanNGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

I"m so glad you asked this question.. I didn't even realized I had overactive letdown till I did reasearch myself.. dumb lc that I had in the hosp!! I agree with the other ladies.. as well as only feeding my dd on one side each time really helped me with letdown.. and yeah she grew into it.. sorry i'm not of more help!
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

block feeding also works really well especially if you have overactive milk as well. Basically all you do is nurse on the same side for two feeding before switching. This triggers your body to slow down!! I worked wonders for me and only took about 3 days to show major improvement in dd choking, gas and sputtering

good luck
fairymommy is offline   Reply With Quote