Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
ashtonsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
7month dd tantrums?

dd was colicy as a newborn but grew out of that like most do. she is a very smiley baby but throws tantrums. its like watching a 3 year old throw themselves on the ground and lift thier legs up and slam them onto the floor! aches her back and throws her self backward and does the leg kicking thing while screaming and yelling!!! ds didnt do this. he woujld just cry but this is crazy!!! is this normal for babies? so has no interest in being on her tummy. putting her this way lead so instant screaming and being mad. when sitting she twirls her ankles in circles and has lately started doing it with her right hand all the time! its like she is petting an imaginary cat!! funny to watch but just want to hear that this is all normal!! she is just so so so needy and spazy! wow!!

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Trin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 7month dd tantrums?

DD is doing this too. She is throwing a tantrum whenever she doesn't get her way.. Like when I have to take something away that she shouldn't have or shouldn't be eating like paper or such. I always replace what I take away with a toy she can play with but it makes no difference lately. She arches her back throws her head back and screams.
She gets mad at every little thing sooo easily!
Trin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
byumommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep yep yep ... must be a girl thang
Old 06-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
oddduck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 10mo old DD does this occasionally (like a few times a week), usually when overtired and not getting what she wants. I remember she used to do the hand movements too a few months ago. I think it's pretty normal, though I also didn't expect tantrums until she was older, I guess it makes since it's really the only way they can communicate at the moment.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Yup my 7 month old DD does this. If she is playing on the floor and i leave the room (even just to take dishes to the kitchen and come right back) she screams, and cries until I come back. She also does the wrist spin thing, with her arms outstretched, to show that she wants to be picked up it's cute. If she's strapped in her vibrating chair thing (where she takes her naps) and is fighting her sleep, she arches her back and goes "arrrrrghhhhh" and cries to show she wants out.
If she is not tired, and someone's around (me or my parents, or DH), she's a perfectly happy baby, but if we walk away for a brief minute.... OMG!