Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #11
chataine
Is This Nirvana?
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much credence should I give to that "signs of PLing readiness" list, lol

my dd has shown all the "readiness" signs since she was about 20 mos.. we honestly just sat the potty in the living room so she could get used to it.. she sat on it sometimes..then one day she refused to wear her diaper (we're renters too) and ya know we really didn't have that many accidents.. so we had a lot of naked time.. anyway..stomach flu, new baby, fast forward 8 mos.. i personally don't think kids are ready to pl until they can pull up and down their own pants..when my dd started wanting to be really indipendent and dress herself..thats when she was ready...

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008, 12:28 AM   #12
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How much credence should I give to that "signs of PLing readiness" list, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post

That's so awesome that she does all those "chores." My DD doesn't do anything on her own, usually, but she does throw away trash and close doors and put stuff back and put stuff in. I don't know if all that means she's cognitive enough to PL though.
*snort* even if they can doesn't mean they want to. My dd now CAN but half the time she'd rather use a diaper (or keep playing, which isn't so much her fault). Today though, while I was on the celeb chat thread, I came out to her 1) naked, 2) pee in her potty chair, 3) she found a crayon and marked the potty chart on the fridge, and 4) then colored all over the entire front of the fridge and 5) asked me to pleeeease let her help clean up lol she's weird but cute. (And earlier today, she asked for diapers, and peed on the floor, and then used the potty half the time. I sooo don't get it.)
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #13
katt
Registered Users

My 17 month old DS has started having more potty time. I'm not expecting him to PL anytime soon, but he likes to flush the toilet and wave bye bye to the contents of the toilet.
However, he likes sitting on his potty and hey if we catch anything, GREAT! if not, oh well.
katt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #14
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My "Diaper Free Before Three" book came and I've been devouring it.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #15
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
My "Diaper Free Before Three" book came and I've been devouring it.
Let us know what you think! Post any "tips" you come across..... I'm still debating about when to start! Dreading it really... but trying to be relaxed about the whole thing.
Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #16
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

The first tip is that the earlier you start, the earlier the process will be completed. BUT the earlier you start, the more time overall you'll spend on the process.

You should get the book. It's really a neat read. So far, anyway.
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote