Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
Registered Users
Help with MOPS group

Hey all! I'm looking for ideas for a new Mothers of Preschoolers (MOPS) group that I'm helping start. Could some of you share some of your groups activities (i.e. do you eat breakfast, what you talk about, guest speakers, etc) with me? All ideas are soooo appreciated. Thanks!!!!

MommaKel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Help with MOPS group

At our MOPS group we eat breakfast. We have groups and each time it is a different groups turn to bring breakfast. We also have speakers, and group discussions. We usually do a craft about once a month also.
SAHM to one very independent drama queen and a
#3 due in June
AJ_Parks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Our group meets from 9:30-11:30, so we have a brunch that is provided by assigned tables at each meeting. We have 8 tables with 8-10 women at each table, so we assign 2 tables to bring food and 2 tables to stay after and help with the tear-down, clean up stuff. We have a speaker at the first meeting of the month and a craft at the second. We decide on what kind of speaker we will have each month before our year starts at a steering team planning retreat. This year we discussed decorating, entertaining, and things like that. Although next year we are planning to have more "meat" from our speakers. We have discussion group questions at the end of the meeting that our discussion group leader comes up with that have something to do with the speaker's topic or something relating to our craft that day. Good luck and check out the discussion forum on there are TONS of great ideas on there!!
Elizabeth~ Jesus loving wife to myNathan, Mama to God's blessings Jayna-11, Quaid-9, Roanen-7, Avelyn Faith-5, Conlan-2 and 2 precious ones, Victory (10-2010) and Treasure (4-2013), in the arms of Jesus. Expecting a little rainbow blessing late Aug/early Sep Doing a lot of this to get ready! My ISO/IHA
mamatoblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #4

At my current MOPS group we do a breakfast, with each table being assigned a month to bring food. We have a speaker & a craft each month as well.

At my previous MOPS group we did lunch, with each table being assigned a month to bring a side dish and the church provided the main dish with a few of the primetimer ladies volunteering to come in and cook it for us. One year we did a speaker and a craft each month, then a different year we did a speaker each month, but to get a more "worth while" craft we only did a craft every other month.

This year, the bomb-diggety craft was photo-tile coasters...they were SUPER easy to make, and they are SO cool...I gave a set to my MIL & my mom for Mother's Day that I made on my own after doing them at MOPS.
strollerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote