Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:40 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question My daughter is doing it again!!!

My dd1 is 4 and 1/2 years old and for the last few weeks she goes to the bathroom constantly. Like 6 times in an hour. I try to ask her casual questions about it. It doesn't seem to hurt her so I don't think she has an infection. I have brought her to the dr. twice to get her checked out and everything was fine. I'm really trying to not make a big deal about it with her but I don't understand why she is going all the time. I went in with her today and she only pees a few drops.

Has anyone experienced this with their lo? Is she not getting enough attention from me? I do feel guilty about this since dd2 was born Does she like the control? Some sort of sensation for her?

I know she can hold it longer because when we go somewhere and she is playing she doesn't do it. Mostly when we are home or at my mom's ( which is kinda like home)

I'm at a loss about this and looking for some advice. Thanks mamas

Partner to Nathan , SAHM to (1-17-04), (2-1-05) and (1-14-08)
3rdontheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: My daughter is doing it again!!!

No advice, but my youngest dd does the same thing from time to time--she'll be 6 in July. It makes me crazy.
Proud single mama to 4 girls--Hayley (9/18/94), Megan (7/14/99), Kateri (7/14/02), and Indy (8/6/08)
abbi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: My daughter is doing it again!!!

The first thing that pops into my head is urinary tract infection. But you did say that you've taken her to the doc and nada, right?

Being that she is the oldest, and you are probably quite busy with the younger ones, it could be a way for her to get your attention. She might just be wanting a little more time with mama.

That's all I've got!

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote