Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
momto2and2
Registered
sitesupporter
seller

Potty Training - Day Train/Night Train????

Okay, I have twins (b/g) that have successfully day trained, but most mornings wake up wet. Do kids typically day train and night train at the same time or is what we are experiencing normal? When does night training usually happen? Are there signs? What has your experience been - is there anything I should be trying or just waiting for it to be obvious they are ready?

THANKS

Advertisement

momto2and2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:49 AM   #2
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Re: Potty Training - Day Train/Night Train????

Ooh, I want to know too!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:18 PM   #3
momto2and2
Registered
sitesupporter
seller

I know someone on this site has potty trained - please help us out!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Rocket
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well, from what I heard, day trained happens first. Night trained can vary. DD was day trained by 2.5 yr and about 2-3 months later she's also night trained. We just limit her fluid intake after 7pm (only a few sips of water if she's thirsty) and put her on potty as often as we can before night time (normally by 9pm). It helps. Some kids wake themselves up and go potty at night. But some don't. DD had a few accidents earlier but she seems to be very good at 'holding' her pee pee. :-)
Good luck!
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

i have a wierdo he night trained before day trained, go figure that one LOL. i still put him in a diapie and he was dry in the AM
sorry cant help
make sure they go pee before going to bed and no drinks at night. that is what i did with him
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
momto2and2
Registered
sitesupporter
seller

I have never tried them in underwear at night. They have been wearing trainers at night and are soaked when they get up. Is it because they are in trainers or because they just aren't ready and not waking up?????????????????????
Old 06-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
momma_c
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We just started PLing, but I've read books that say that if you put your child in bed at night before you go to bed, then wake them to take them to the potty right before you go to bed that they'll wake up dry in the morning. My kids probably go back to sleep easy enough for it to work, but not all kids will want to go back to sleep, I'd presume. lol
Old 06-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
debdebdebby13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been doing some PLing research since my DD will hopefully be ready soon and everything I've read says that night training is completely different than day training since day training is learning the feeling that they have to go and have to stop get to the potty but night training is more of a bladder maturity thing.

Lots of kids just don't have the bladder control to hold it all night or they are unable to wake up when the urge to go hits.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:08 PM   #9
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've heard a lot that night training can take a lot longer (months?). My personal experience with ds1, he day trained instantly (asked to wear underwear and never looked back, not even distracted accidents). Then over the course of 5 days, he wet the night every other night (3 nights total) and was then night-trained. Ds2 is in on the fence right now with potty-training. He has the ability, but not the desire. Sometimes he REALLY wants to wear big boy underwear, but absolutely doesn't care one bit if he's soiled - won't even tell me.

Last edited by jls~Kain~Drake; 06-21-2008 at 06:09 PM.
jls~Kain~Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #10
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

DS (27 months old) is in the process of PL'ing... been doing great for about a week. I really expected him to be in a diaper at night for a long time. But, wow!!! This morning he woke up dry! I was amazed!!!! I personally had a problem with bed-wetting when I was little, and really assumed that all little kids wet the bed. But here we are... he woke up dry. I'm stunned!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote