Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #31
sadiekat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Could use some support from non-vaxing mamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
A question for non-vaxing families:

How do you register your child in school? All of the public and private schools that I know of require vax records. Also, some public programs (like WIC) require them as well. So how does that work when you don't vax?
Nearly all states have either a religious or philosophical exemption to vaccination. You just fill out the exemption and have it notarized. That is what you turn in to the school in lieu of a vaccination record.

My son attends a private Montessori school. They didn't have a problem taking his exemption for registration at all.

Advertisement

sadiekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:12 PM   #32
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Could use some support from non-vaxing mamas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
A question for non-vaxing families:

How do you register your child in school? All of the public and private schools that I know of require vax records. Also, some public programs (like WIC) require them as well. So how does that work when you don't vax?
Okay, this is one of the things that annoys the heck out of me. Even though all states have at least one exemption, the schools always make it sound like without vaxes your child can't attend. We had this in our ds' paperwork for Kindergarten this fall, something like "your child will not be admitted without current vaccinations" - which is an omission of the true fact that our child will not be admitted without current vaccinations OR a vaccine waiver. They conveniently omit it so people think they have to vax.

Anyway, to the OP, you have my support! I'm not shy about talking about it to people - I don't go out of my way to bring it up, but if it fits in the conversation, I talk about it. I've had a few people ask for more information, links, etc., and then they ended up not vaxing or not continuing to vax.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote