Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
beckymomof2
Formerly BeckyE***
seller

My Mood:
Question Nausea - Help

Hi everyone. I'm about a month pregnant and I have this slight nauseated feeling all the time. I probably shouldn't be complaining because it could be worse. I tried Preggy pops and they work ok. Does anyone have any other ideas? Part of my problem is the teas and stuff that I've heard of I would have to order from the internet and wait for them to get to me (in Alaska).

Thanks,
Becky

Advertisement

beckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #2
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nausea - Help

I had a horrible nauseated pregnancy with my first daughter, and I mean horrible, home IV's, Feeding tube, admitted to the hospital, lost 13 pounds in a few days, so with all of that, here is what worked for me, especially this time around. Lemon Drops, Ginger Snaps, Ginger Ale, and sour hard candies. These really helped and I still keep a stash everywhere. I also used over the counter nausea relief, such as Emetrol or Walgreens Anti-Nausea Liquid. You cannot use Pepto as it has asprin in it. If it gets really bad and you can't stop throwing up ask your doctor about Zofran. I was very worried about taking something like that, but WOW that stuff is great. Thank goodness this pregnancy was nothing like the first one in the beginning. Good luck and don't forget to eat small snacks through out the day!
Old 05-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #3
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Don't let your stomach get too empty. I found that I needed to eat small little snacks throughout the day instead of 3 regular meals.

Ginger ale, ginger snaps, Ginger & peppermint altoids, saltines with yellow mustard, pretzels, sour candies all worked for me as well.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #4
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

Eat, eat, eat! I know it's the last thing you feel like doing, but the nausea will be worse if you get hungry or your blood sugar drops.

Small, frequent snacks and meals containing protein are your best bet.

Take your prenatal vitamins either with supper or with a bedtime snack, never on an empty stomach or first thing in the morning.

Take one 25mg of vitamin B6, up to 3x a day (no more than 75mg)

SEABANDS!! These saved my life during my first pregnancy and this one as well. They're the acupressure wristbands you can get for motionsickness, any pharmacy should have them, they're about $10. Wear them CONSTANTLY and make sure they're positioned correctly; these really really help me.

Keeping hydrated is really helpful too - try adding a squirt of lemon juice to water, seems to help settle my tummy.

HTH! I deal with a lot of nausea during my pregnancies...it's hard to cope with, but it will end...
Old 05-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #5
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I agree with the lemon drops. I actually craved them (well sort of) when I didn't want anything else - and that helped. But I think it's under the same tree as preggie pops where you j ust need something in your tummy. So - do try to keep full, but I hardly ate ANYTHING in my first tri, so I won't harp on you about it, LOL. Anything ginger is supposed to help, too, hence all the ginger stuff above.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Gosh, I didn't know any of this...I just suffered through most of my first trimester with yucky nausea....darn it! I can't believe all this stuff helps. Good to know at least

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #7
StormySar
Registered Users

Your nutrition could play a part in nausea, as well as your prenatal vitamin if you are using something prescribed or over the counter. Many prenatal vitamins (or any multi, for that matter) can contain ingredients/fillers that can be harmful for us and our growing babies and/or synthetic ingredients that can cause nausea. If you're interested, I do free vitamin evaluations and can help you learn how to read the label, decipher ingredients and you can decide what is best for you to be taking.

Eat frequent, small meals. Keep hydrated, stay away from sweets, eat a balanced, wholesome diet.

If you're curious about nutrition or want some insight into your vitamin you're taking, just let me know and I'll be glad to help.
StormySar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:34 PM   #8
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Lemon heads!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:32 PM   #9
beckymomof2
Formerly BeckyE***
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: Nausea - Help

Thanks everyone for the advice. I just ordered some of the Earth Mama Angel Baby Morning Wellness Tea. I hope that works as well. I actually sell the stuff but it is out of stock so I am ordering from somewhere else. I hope it works but I have been hearing good things about it. I bought some Ginger tea out of the natural section at the grocery store but it tastes really funny to me.

Thanks for all the help.

Becky

www.naturalfamilyboutique.com/?becky
beckymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #10
rds989
Registered Users
seller

Nothing worked for me, except (a little, tiny bit) the scent of lemons. I was so naseaus, and it was worse at night, so I didn't sleep for more than a couple of hours for weeks, and it was going to make me sick - or make me crash the car from fatigue. Finally called the dr w/dc#2, and they gave me the big secret: BENEDRYL. (It's actually the same chemical as in Unisom and Dramamine, although they put extra stuff in dramamine to make it non-drowsy.) It's safe for the baby, and I swear to you that 1/5 of one Benedryl tablet could take the nausea away enough for me to get through the day. It was amazing.

The only thing to be aware of is that, because it is an antihistamine, it can dry you out. Keep an eye on that. But if the nausea is bad enough, it really is a lifesaver.

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote