Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
growgrowgrow
Registered Users
seller

Do I Need Two Strollers?

So we are expecting our first this fall. I registered for the Baby Trend Expedition LX Jogger at BRU. I had registered for a Chicco (Capri I think) umbrella stroller on Amazon too prior to trying either of them out. When we were at BRU I tried them both & really disliked the Chicco, so I quickly removed it from the registry. I found I did like the Combi strollers they had in stock.

When looking over the Amazon Baby Outlet yesterday, I found the Combi Urban Trifold stroller at about 50% off. Since I had liked the Combis at BRU & since this one boasts the highest handles (I am 5'10) I ordered it sight unseen. I figured I could return it if it was horrible.

We also have a BabyHawk that we plan to use some of the time.

Since we live in Tucson, I figured the Baby Trend Jogger might be good for neighborhood walks & combination unpaved / paved terrain, maybe even short off-road excursions?

And the Combi would be more suited for shopping trips & travel.

We have a Ford Focus '01--I think there is room in the trunk for either of these strollers.

Do you think these two strollers are different enough that it is worthwhile to get both?

Advertisement

growgrowgrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
Beebug123
Registered Users

Re: Do I Need Two Strollers?

I think any full sized stroller and a smaller umbrella one are both good investments. I find I keep the smaller one in my truck all the time so that if I forget the larger one at home (since I have to put it in the bed I have to take it in and out of the garage) I still have a stroller to use. I also have a jogging one that I only use for workouts because it has the fixed front wheel and is impossible to manuever around objects. Then when I had my second I invested in a double as well.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

Re: Do I Need Two Strollers?

I like having an umbrella stroller that I leave in the car and all-terrain stroller that I leave in the entry way for walks around the neighborhood. I have yet to meet a stroller that does all things well enough (and I think I've looked at just about every stroller currently on the market, lol) that I would only want to have one. Plus, when you have one that you just leave in the car you never get somewhere and realize you forgot to put the dang stroller back in the car.

Since you plan to babywear, you could always wait on the second stroller. DS was worn 99% of the time until about 6m or so.
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote