Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:08 PM   #41
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Manners... not expected?

My kids are not perfect, they say "please" "thank you" "excuse me" "no thank you" etc. MOST of the time but they only do it because I do it. I do not ask them to or correct them if they dont. Politeness to me is more than the words said, it is the way they are said that is the most important. If a child yells "excuse me!" if a person is in their way then they are being rude IMO. As long as my child speaks nicely to people I feel she is doing good.

Oh and I also hold open doors for EVERYONE. My general rule in life is to respect all life to the best of my ability.

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 01:09 PM   #42
kettle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersrose View Post
My kids are not perfect, they say "please" "thank you" "excuse me" "no thank you" etc. MOST of the time but they only do it because I do it. I do not ask them to or correct them if they dont. Politeness to me is more than the words said, it is the way they are said that is the most important. If a child yells "excuse me!" if a person is in their way then they are being rude IMO. As long as my child speaks nicely to people I feel she is doing good.

Oh and I also hold open doors for EVERYONE. My general rule in life is to respect all life to the best of my ability.
Awesome.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:36 PM   #43
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I believe that how a child acts reflects back on the parents. Most specifically on the mom because we are usually the ones that spend more time with the children. I would rather have people see my child saying please and thank you and thinking what a nice young man he is than seeing my child throw a tantrum and wondering what kind of discipline I'm teaching him.

Yes we believe in manners and will do everything we can to ensure that our children all behave in a way that other people will find them to be a pleasure to be around. Good manners show others that you care enough about them to make them feel confortable around you.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote