Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:48 AM   #31
amrijane128
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you feel less attractive since becoming a Mom?

To be honest, I feel better about myself since having DD. My self-confidence has soared, I weigh less than I did before her, and quite frankly think I look better without the gobs of makeup I used to wear. I guess anymore I just look at it like... who am I trying to impress?

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 02:03 AM   #32
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope. I'm older and more confident.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #33
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I don't feel like I'm less attractive, I KNOW I am. I'm (when not preggo) still about 20-30 pounds heavier than before kids. My hair never acts the same as it did (lost a lot of curl to it). I don't have the money to buy nicer clothes and most days, I never feel like getting out of my pjs or putting on make up. I feel bad for dh. He says he still thinks I'm sexy and bless his heart, finds me beautiful but I know I am not the woman he fell in love with (looks wise). My stretch marks are the worst!!! I never want to make love with any lights on and forget sexy lingerie or swimsuits all together.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 01:10 PM   #34
mamoo3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

YES!! I make an effort to wear normal clothes everyday (not pj's or sweats) and do my hair and makeup, but I'm still 40 lbs overweight . DH doesn't EVER compliment me, if I ask how I look after getting ready for 1/2hr, he says, "fine", without even looking at me. It doesn't help that when he does notice my looks, it's always to put me down. The last time he noticed I had gotten my hair cut he said it looked like the dog had been chewing on it. If he sees me coming out of the shower, he will comment that my period must be coming since I look bloated. He and his parents have the wonderful ability to notice and comment everytime I get a pimple or cold sore . The last time I bought a flowery matching bra and undies, as soon as I had undressed he laughed and said my butt must really stink so I had to put flowers on it . I could go on and on. I feel so much less attractive since becoming married (I was a single mom before I was married and still felt attractive).
Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #35
ladylee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamoo3 View Post
YES!! I make an effort to wear normal clothes everyday (not pj's or sweats) and do my hair and makeup, but I'm still 40 lbs overweight . DH doesn't EVER compliment me, if I ask how I look after getting ready for 1/2hr, he says, "fine", without even looking at me. It doesn't help that when he does notice my looks, it's always to put me down. The last time he noticed I had gotten my hair cut he said it looked like the dog had been chewing on it. If he sees me coming out of the shower, he will comment that my period must be coming since I look bloated. He and his parents have the wonderful ability to notice and comment everytime I get a pimple or cold sore . The last time I bought a flowery matching bra and undies, as soon as I had undressed he laughed and said my butt must really stink so I had to put flowers on it . I could go on and on. I feel so much less attractive since becoming married (I was a single mom before I was married and still felt attractive).

Good grief. He needs help in the sensitivity department. what a big meany. I am so sorry!
ladylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 02:17 PM   #36
isabel249
Registered Users
seller

I definitely feel less attractive since having Isabel.