Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2006, 03:33 AM   #41
aran_knitter
Registered Users

Re: So how do you describe labor pain??

lol... wanna guess why I'm up at this hour of the day???

I'm not sure that this is the real thing - I have had BHs since 4 mos, and some false labor... that tied with a fairly high threshold for pain... I'm worried I may stay at home too long!

I slept okay when I had the BHs and false labor - in and out some, mostly to use the bathroom lol - but I've been awake all night with this, so that makes me think that it may be real!

Advertisement

http://bruisedreed.wordpress.com/
aran_knitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #42
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mine were like an annoying dull lower back pain...until they made me lay down, broke my waters and I nearly had a uterine rupture from the cytotec......those contractions felt like something was clawing at my hip/pevlic bones.

i had been having mild contractions every 3-5mins with no dialating for 6 weeks before they induced me, those were nothing but an annoying twinge.

after the epi, everything was bliss, i felt no pressure nothing, they had to wake me up between pushes, and the pushing stage only lasted 10mins, and that was mostly because i had to wait to push until the dr got there (even though ds was nearly crowning after my "practice" push)....the epi was so good, that it took me 3hrs to realise i still had feet!

SAHM to my crazy toddler

Last edited by janendragon; 11-13-2006 at 06:39 PM.
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:28 PM   #43
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

For me it depends on the pregnancy. With DS1 I had an emergency induction for Pre-e. Cytotec and Pit and it was like some one was rending my body apart for almost 24 hours before I was dilated enough to have an epidural. I couldn't even think of going natural. The contractions never actually ended, they would peak and then back off just a tiny bit and peak again for up to 5 mins and then I would have a break for 1 min before they started again.

With Arawyn I had a massive uterine infection (what killed her and almost me). Even before the contractions hit it felt like I was being burnt from the inside out. The pit induced contractions on top of it were like a hot poker being run through my body. Even though I didn't want it I eventually gave in to the epidural. But it was over within 30 mins of the epidural and I wish I had never had it. I could have handled another 30 mins and I reacted so horribly to the epidural that I couldn't hold her right after she was born. Dh had to hold her so she was cold by the time I could stop shaking and itching enough to hold her. And I was too weak to get out of bed to go to the rocking chair to rock her. I am still very upset by it.

Ds2 I went into labor on my own. Things were going really well, the contractions were just a tightening at first and I was all the way to 5 cms before I even had regular contractions. At the hospital I made it to 6 and stalled so they broke my water. 6 hours later I had only made about .5cm progress and the contractions were getting very painful (back labor) so we did the pitocin. That is when the weird contractions started, just like with ds1. My midwife says I have an irritable uterus. Finally after no more progress and close to 13hours of labor I agreed to an epidural. I finnished dilating in less than 30 mins and was ready to push. I just couldn't seem to relax enough to dilate in the hospital, I don't know if I will ever be able to have a hospital birth with out an epidural because I freeze up in the hospital and can't dilate. And I can't have a home birth because of my past pregnancy problems. But we turned off the epidural after I reached 10cms and I pushed him out with it off. At the pushing stage they really did feel just like really intense menstrual cramps, coming in waves with pressure that made me want to push. The worst really was the back pain, and when he popped out face up and face presenting we figured out why I had such bad back labor (he has been stubborn from the get go ).
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:06 PM   #44
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to throw out there.......cytotec is so bad, because its not even FDA regulated for inductions because it can cause uterine rupture and death in the infant. information I found out AFTER my son was born, i was originally scheduled for a cervadil induction, but the dr changed it at the last minute at the hospital.

SAHM to my crazy toddler

Last edited by janendragon; 11-13-2006 at 09:08 PM.
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:31 PM   #45
elijahsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok so I'm kinda freaking out. I honestly can't remember the pain. My Ds is 16mo so it wasn't that long ago. I can tell you what happened at different times and my labor was great I did it with no drugs, but I can't tell you how it felt. I remember at the time it hurt ( I have video of me obviously in pain) but can't explain the pain. It bothers me cuz I'm seeing all of you mamas that can remember yet I can't. Well I guess it's good though, I remember all of it but the pain
Old 11-13-2006, 10:05 PM   #46
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cramps X1000. Man I never want to go through that again. I swear it took me 6 years to want a second child LOL
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote