Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 AM   #11
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Marathon or Decathalon for 2YO Car seats experts help

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
My dd is actually almost 3 yo, she weghs less than 25 lbs, and is about 36-37 inches tall.
I want to trun her rear facing, but her seat goes rear facing only to 22 lbs i think..
So which is best.Thedecatholon looks great for an infact witht he insert,but is it needed for an older toddler??

TIA
i am pretty sure the only seat that has a rear facing limit of 22 lbs is an infant seat. i think all convertible seats are 30-35 lbs, depending on the particular seat.

what does your 6 year old say about the possibility of being in a harnessed seat again? is your dh only assuming she will be embarrassed? is it possible that is it him that will be embarrassed? she might not care.

Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 AM   #12
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my almost 4yr old is RF in his cosco alpha omega. It holds to 35lbs.
I am trying to get 2 radian 65's (or ideally a 65 and an 80) with the tax returns to be able to harness the 4yr old when he outgrows the RF limit and to move the 7yr old into a harness (she's boostered. She uses it correctly but harness is safer plus we'll be 3 across and her hands will get SMASHED trying to buckle the seatbelt) New Baby is likely then to move into the RF cosco alpha omega. My heavy almost-2yr old will take over a radian at 40lbs and at that point my 7 (prolly 9 by then) yr old will move into a booster. My 8.5yr old is in a booster.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:50 AM   #13
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

From what I understand, the Fisher price seat that you bought for the 4 year old is made by Britax. It just doesn't have all the bells & whistles that a Britax has. I think that is a stripped down Marathon.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #14
kecmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have 2 Marathons (one ff and one rf) and love I them! I didn't get the decathlaon is b/c we are past the nb stage and didn't need all the extra padding/inserts. That's the only real difference between the two IMO- The Marathon seats are plenty padded and both girls are super comfy and safe. The Marathon is perfect for us.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think i am going to wait to buy another seat until i get the fisher price one. I did buy that because it is made by britax.but i thought it went to 65 lbs harnessed, but it said only 55 lbs, and i am worried about height SO.. it might go to my 2 yo, and then by a regent or 2 for the other kids....

What a mess!!! LOL
Old 11-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #16
Cadensmommy
Registered Users
seller

Just so you know the Alph omega makes a horrible booster becouse if they lean foward the belt gets hung up so its not tight anymore I would get you 6yo A better booster liek the Britax Parkway or something similar good luck! and I have the Fpsvd and its great! I use it for the baby I watch shes 8mon she is still on the 1st harness hight lots and lots of room to grow and Caden hes two is in a boulivard I love the side impact protection!

Clarissa