Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2006, 07:22 AM   #1
daisybaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chicken Pox???

What does a mild case of the chicken pox look like? My dd had the vaccine a year ago, but she has a rash on her upper back that looks like pimples. It's over both her shoulders and a few under her mouth. The ones on her shoulders started Friday night and the ones on her mouth started last night. They haven't broken. And now I'm scrutinizing my ds (2 months) every little pimple that could very well just be the baby acne, but I'm not sure. My older 2 had unmistakable chicken pox, but they didn't have the vaccine. Please help!!

Advertisement

daisybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chicken Pox???

A mild case will look the same as a regular case. IF the pimples are filling with puss then it's most likely the cp. Also, a mild case now doesn't mean mild in a few days.

My 4yo had 4 spots last Sun. they didn't start to spread until Mon night. Tues there was still hardly any. Wed(of course the day I HAD to go shopping) they started to spread fast and on her face. Every time I looked at her I swear there were more.lol They didn't start crusing over until Fri. when my now 5yo had them(she was 9months). She had 1 pox that was there for a week before they spread.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #3
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chicken Pox???

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisybaby View Post
What does a mild case of the chicken pox look like? My dd had the vaccine a year ago, but she has a rash on her upper back that looks like pimples. It's over both her shoulders and a few under her mouth. The ones on her shoulders started Friday night and the ones on her mouth started last night. They haven't broken. And now I'm scrutinizing my ds (2 months) every little pimple that could very well just be the baby acne, but I'm not sure. My older 2 had unmistakable chicken pox, but they didn't have the vaccine. Please help!!
The doctor told me that the vaccine doesn't necessarily prevent the chicken pox, it just makes it so that the case would be more mild than if he didn't have the vaccine.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote