Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:09 AM   #11
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me pick a baby carrier!

I would suggest either a woven wrap or a beco or ergo.

They all have learning curves but they are going to give you the most comfort when carring an older child.

Advertisement

MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:15 AM   #12
Mom2Taylor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I have a moby wrap and love it. However, it does take a little bit longer to put on than a ring sling or a pouch. Once you get the hang of it, it's pretty quick. You can nurse in it too. I've never carried my 2.5 yo in one, so I don't know how that would feel.....but according the info on them, you can wear an older kid in them too. It only took me 2 times of instructions before I was able to wrap it on correctly. Now I don't even have to think about it.

I have used a baby bjorn, a mei tai, a pouch, and a ring sling and the moby is BY FAR my favorite. VERY comfortable....no back pain, etc.

Last edited by Mom2Taylor; 11-29-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Mom2Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:10 AM   #13
rds989
Registered Users
seller

For a hip-riding baby/young toddler, I really like my fleece pouch. But for all-around usefulness, it's Ergo, Ergo, Ergo for me.

I love mine. I've been using it with both kids since dd was 11 mos and ds was 3.5, and it continues to be easy and comfortable to carry both of them (well, not at the same time!) - at the zoo, in the airport (saves my LIFE when travelling alone w/both kids!), at the grocery store..

Totally worth the investment.

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:16 AM   #14
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

heres some pics on the versatility of a woven wrap. This was when I first started wraping (except the last one) some my wrap jobs aren't too good. I can also put my 2.5 in it. A moby is awesome w/ smaller babies but too stretchy for bigger ones

this is a front carry

this is a really bad wrap job of a back carry called a rucksack. This is usually what I do w/ my 2.5 year old b/c its quick to do and easy to undo

this is another back carry
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote