Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2006, 07:29 PM   #11
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: My morning outing with my twinadoes.

Wow, you are really making me want to stop at two kids!

Can you get/make little cubbies for each of your kids, put their names on them and everything and just make sure the cubbies are filled every night with socks, shoes, coats, hats, etc? I saw a pretty good one at Walmart once, it had hooks and a little cubbie on top, I think there were four hook parts, and it was maybe $70? I can't imagine having to wear that many clothes. I stay in sandals most of the year...I couldn't even find my OWN socks right now if I had to!
Goodluck mamma, hope your day is better tomorrow.

Advertisement

Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #12
Irishmommy
Registered Users
seller

This isn't the exact one that I saw, but would it work? I might be ordering this one!
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3609535
Irishmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #13
reborin
Registered Users

My Mood:

I just spent the mornign with a friend who is TRULY inspirational. She would never, of course, admit to it, but I think she's magic.

She has an 8yo dd. She has triplets who are 6, just turned. All boys. She also has twins who are 3.5yo. All very naturally. She lives in a 2000sf house with 4 bedrooms (one is THE DORM - 4 beds for the 4 boys and a big train table in the middle lol!), no playroom, tiny kitchen, no mudroom. I honestly do NOT know how she does it. I think she left the house very seldom while she had 5 in diapers and no help. Her dh is a postal carrier, so has somewhat more flexible hrs., but not really! Just has to get up early lol!

I think the thing is to make the kids responsible for their own stuff. If 4yo dd wont keep her stuff together, won't help look, then 4yo dd won't have shoes and will have to stay in her carseat until the grocery cart arrives, you xfer her in, she stays in until back at the car, and you xfer her out. Most, but not all, kids will get the natural consequence of that pretty quickly.

Dr. Cale (who is a local guy here who does parenting stuff) would say nurture the behaviours you want her to show more of, and starve (of attention) the ones you dislike. If she won't motivate to find stuff, ignore it. Just make it normal behaviour (which it is, mostly!) with normal consequences.

Kids waking at night, however, is not an area I choose to comment on, since I can't get my own to sleep much - and here I am at 2am HA!

Good luck - sorry for the HARD morning. It sounds, though, like the twins were actually little darlings for you (other than pooping lol). Be grateful for the small mercies. And tbh I would hibernate in that kind of weather too.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #14
sunshinebabies3
Registered Users
seller

it's doable. Dont quit having babies just b/c of this. everyone has hard days, but I get out with my trio all of the time. They do very well. I think little ones sense anxiety and feed off it. My kiddos can be difficult but by and large are very happy as long as they are clean, dry, & have a full tummy. we go right after morning nap & a meal, so that everyone is well rested and full. this makes a huge difference in their ability to tolerate outings. mine love the store. we unfortunately attract a lot of attention, but that comes with the territory.

as for the house size thing. we have 1 year old triplets and me & dh in a 1500 sqft house. I cant imagine adding 3 more with only 500 more sqft. we are super cramped!