Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2006, 07:20 PM   #21
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Tell me all about CLOMID!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarli
I did clomid last year to concieve. I have PCOS, and have had 7 loses due to egg quality and an incompetent cervix.

I had mood swings, hot flashes, was extremly hungry, and had headaches while taking it. That said though, it did work. I was able to concieve my twins on my first try with it. I took 50mg days 3-7, along with baby asprin, vitamin c and e and my partner also took votamin c and e the whole time up until my day 21 test.

I wasnt monitored my first cycle. Alot of people question this, but I would recomend it to anyone, because I think the lower level of stress helped out alot. I was given provera to induce my period, started clomid on the 3rd day of my period. I am not sure exactly when I oed because I dont respond well to ovulation tests, but my P4 showed a level of 21 which indicated that I had oed. I felt less stressed with only one test to pass during the cycle. I know many moms who are monitored from day 1 and say its so much more stressful to know how thick your lining is, how big your follies are, stuff like that.

There is a huge Clomid Club forum over at tryingtoconcieve.com that can help you and fertilityfriend has one too if your a paid member there.

I read your going on vacations and such....if you go to mexico you can pick up clomiphine citrate down there for $18 and thats enough for 6 cycles at 50mg a cycle! Thats where I got mine at, and my OB even suggested getting it from there because it was cheaper, and it worked.

WOW!! Do you need a rx?? If not Rachelle, I'll pay you if you pick me up some too!!

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #22
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy
WOW!! Do you need a rx?? If not Rachelle, I'll pay you if you pick me up some too!!
I got mine from medsmex.com
it's great, VERY cheap, no you don't need a script..just go online, order, pay, voila! You get it in the mail!
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #23
quarli
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy
Nope no prescription needed
Old 05-17-2006, 08:04 PM   #24
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would highly suggest reading the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. You will learn so much about your body and the steps to achieving pregnancy. Unfortunately herbs and relaxation just don't work for everyone. It took me two years to get pregnant with my son and we tried many, many things. I did take clomid but it wasn't strong enough for me. That doesn't mean it is a bad thing, there are many beautiful clomid babies out there. I had to use Repronex injections every other day and that worked very well for me. I got pregnant with twins but I lost one of my babies early on. I am now awaiting the birth of my little boy that we have been praying for since 2003. The shot you are talking about is called a trigger shot to induce ovulation. Once they see that your eggs are large enough (by transvaginal u/s) they will trigger shot you. Within 36 hours you should ovulate. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #25
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

I took it. It didn't work to get me pregnant. I didn't have the trigger shot, though. I don't know if all doc's use it..

It did give me raging PMS symptoms. I think I took it starting day 2 of my cycle (still had period) for 5 days..

(((HUGS))) to you mama. Going through all that is rough!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 08:21 PM   #26
usandthegirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took it to conceive both my girls and it worked on the 2nd and 1st month (respectively)

With my current pregnancy, I had my Mirena removed and got pregnant like three weeks later SURPRISE! I thought I was infertile. Bahahaha.

Clomid does work-it caused me to have awful mood swings and less CM. I took Robitussen to combat the drying effects on CM and obviously all went well.
Old 05-21-2006, 11:19 PM   #27
1bigfamily
Registered Users
seller

Evreyone I know IRL that took it had twins or triplets!