Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Easy, Yummy cinnamon roll recipe???

does anyone have one?? I need something quick and yummy. I love cinnamon rolls, but HATE buying the ones in the store.

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #2
runningdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Easy, Yummy cinnamon roll recipe???

would love one too!!

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you are into making your own bread, I can give you a from scratch recipe, but here is a quick simple one

Buy frozen loaves of bread in the freezer section and let one or two thaw and then roll out to the shape of a sheet pan. Spread lots of butter over the rolled dough and sprinkle generously with brown sugar and your desired amount of cinnamon. Roll dough up into a cake roll shape and then slice into individual rolls. Let rise in a pan until about doubled in size, then bake in a 350 oven till nice and brown. Top with your favorite topping, we like a cream cheese frosting here
ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #4
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewebabymama View Post
If you are into making your own bread, I can give you a from scratch recipe, but here is a quick simple one

Buy frozen loaves of bread in the freezer section and let one or two thaw and then roll out to the shape of a sheet pan. Spread lots of butter over the rolled dough and sprinkle generously with brown sugar and your desired amount of cinnamon. Roll dough up into a cake roll shape and then slice into individual rolls. Let rise in a pan until about doubled in size, then bake in a 350 oven till nice and brown. Top with your favorite topping, we like a cream cheese frosting here

oh, that sounds good.

I would love to do from scratch, but I need to get a bread maker first to do the kneeding for me
Old 12-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #5
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you have a bread maker to do the dough in, I have one that is TO DIE FOR. They are big and taste just like cinnabon ones!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #6
stacim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewebabymama View Post

Sorry to hijack . . . but please post!!! I have been meaning to post this same thread and just haven't gotten around to it. I am supposed to be bringing the cinnamon rolls for Christmas brunch. I bought some at the store in case I run out of time, but I really want to make them from scratch.
stacim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #7
stacim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcampcat View Post
If you have a bread maker to do the dough in, I have one that is TO DIE FOR. They are big and taste just like cinnabon ones!
Does it have to be in a bread machine? I don't have one of those, but do have a stand mixer, or my hands. Please post anyway.
stacim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #8
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe a stand mixer could fill in for the bread machine for the kneading parts....Here it is....they are awesome!!

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup warm milk (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
* 2 eggs, room temperature
* 1/3 cup margarine, melted
* 4 1/2 cups bread flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
* 1 cup brown sugar, packed
* 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup butter, softened
* 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/8 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS

1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
2. After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #9
Blackbirdlane
Registered Users
seller

man I am drooling
Old 12-22-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My all time favorite for from scratch cinnamon rolls is this:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cinnamo...II/Detail.aspx

Don't worry if you don't have a bread machine. Just remember to dissolve your yeast in warm water/milk, then add sugar, egg, etc. Mix your dry ingredients together because salt directly added to yeast will kill it. When your dough comes together, knead it for 6-10 minutes. You want a nice elastic dough that is shiny/silky and not sticky. If it's sticky, you need to add a bit more flour and keep kneading
ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote