Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #21
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeeJacknGradysMama View Post
I have 3 boys and i chose to circumcise them all. i have never criticized a parent on whether they did or didn't i believe it's a personal choice that both parents make. My husband and i both felt that we should have it done so we did, believe me i felt bad for the baby but it was done in about 5 min the baby was brought back in right after and looked like nothing had happened. he wasn't crying or upset at all (all three the same way). after a couple of days the circ looked fine and you couldn't even tell. i believe to each his own
Often babies go into shock from the pain and this is why they aren't crying.

I believe it is a personal choice, too, except the person in question is the baby. He will be the one using the penis, not his parents. I understand that cultural inertia and ignorance is hard to overcome, but the baby has a right to his entire body. I am not criticizing anyone who circumcised their sons, esp. if you didn't know any of the facts I listed. I am trying to spare future babies, and their parents the emotional pain of finding out it was unnecessary and damaging when it is too late.

Advertisement

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #22
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dh was a bit nervous about NOT circum.. our DS#2 (DS#1 is) but he circum got delayed due a hert problem and after speding a couple weeks uncircum. DH decided that he was okay with keeping DS intact... Sometimes I think the rush to do it right after birth doesn't give parents enough opportunity to really really think about what they are doing while looking into their babies eyes... No pain meds? NEVER.........
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:20 PM   #23
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Once again....kudos to you for posting. I have posted similar things on other forums, and the response wasn't this positive. Things are definitely changing

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #24
KobeeJacknGradysMama
Lovin' My Baby Boys
seller

My Mood:

I'm happy with my decision as well as i'm sure you are happy with yours. Both ways our boys are healthy and happy and that's all that matters!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:56 PM   #25
Edenite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Often babies go into shock from the pain and this is why they aren't crying.

I believe it is a personal choice, too, except the person in question is the baby. He will be the one using the penis, not his parents. I understand that cultural inertia and ignorance is hard to overcome, but the baby has a right to his entire body. I am not criticizing anyone who circumcised their sons, esp. if you didn't know any of the facts I listed. I am trying to spare future babies, and their parents the emotional pain of finding out it was unnecessary and damaging when it is too late.
WOW! That's a bit much. Live and let live, what someone does to their child doesn't have a thing to do with you, don't lose sleep over it. Last I checked it was a legal practice so, people are well within their right to do it.

I am not having a boy this pregnancy but, when I do, he will be circumcised. For religious reasons and for health reasons. I am sure my son will be fine and will not grow up with issues. Respect other people's decisions.

You can state your case without going to extremes and being all dramatic. I am sure most babaies go through way more trauma than circ in their lives, so trust me any baby that is circ will be just fine.

Also, FACTS are relative these days, what is fact to you may not be fact to anyone else. I believe their is scientific evidence to prove both side of the issue, which you should know since this is a dead horse that is beaten on all pregnancy sites. Like I said, live and let live.
Edenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #26
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenite View Post
WOW! That's a bit much. Live and let live, what someone does to their child doesn't have a thing to do with you, don't lose sleep over it. Last I checked it was a legal practice so, people are well within their right to do it.

I am not having a boy this pregnancy but, when I do, he will be circumcised. For religious reasons and for health reasons. I am sure my son will be fine and will not grow up with issues. Respect other people's decisions.

You can state your case without going to extremes and being all dramatic. I am sure most babaies go through way more trauma than circ in their lives, so trust me any baby that is circ will be just fine.

Also, FACTS are relative these days, what is fact to you may not be fact to anyone else. I believe their is scientific evidence to prove both side of the issue, which you should know since this is a dead horse that is beaten on all pregnancy sites. Like I said, live and let live.
I did state my facts. I was not dramatic. It may sound strange when you have never heard anything different, but a lot of people know nothing about the purpose of the foreskin, and once they hear it, they are happy that they didn't circumcise in ignorance.

No medical association in the world recommends circumcision for any reason, not even health reasons. Any supposed health benefit ever proposed has been debunked. Circumcision is a purely social ritual, and it has had staying power b/c it is important for people to think that something that they either did to their son's penis, or had done to their own penis, was actually a really good thing. To think otherwise would be very painful, so it must be a good thing, right? And if it is a purely social ritual, then you should know that the rates of circumcision are dropping quickly and stand at 50/50 in the whole USA, but only 35% circumcised in the forward-thinking areas. In the world, only 15% are circumcised, and they are almost entirely Jewish. If you think that everyone does it, then you are incorrect.

I am glad that no one removed any part of my genitals, and baby boys deserve the same. There is nothing dangerous about the foreskin, it is more than a flap of skin, and your opinion on what it looks like does not matter.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #27
mommyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the info! All intacted peepees here.

**PLZ EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED ME!**
mommyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #28
mtchen79
Registered Users
seller

It may be a legal practice to opt for circumcision, but the person who consents to the procedure should be the person who owns the genitals.
Mom to DD1 02/07, DD2 03/09 and #3 in 01/12
mtchen79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #29
Edenite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I did state my facts. I was not dramatic. It may sound strange when you have never heard anything different, but a lot of people know nothing about the purpose of the foreskin, and once they hear it, they are happy that they didn't circumcise in ignorance.

No medical association in the world recommends circumcision for any reason, not even health reasons. Any supposed health benefit ever proposed has been debunked. Circumcision is a purely social ritual, and it has had staying power b/c it is important for people to think that something that they either did to their son's penis, or had done to their own penis, was actually a really good thing. To think otherwise would be very painful, so it must be a good thing, right? And if it is a purely social ritual, then you should know that the rates of circumcision are dropping quickly and stand at 50/50 in the whole USA, but only 35% circumcised in the forward-thinking areas. In the world, only 15% are circumcised, and they are almost entirely Jewish. If you think that everyone does it, then you are incorrect.

I am glad that no one removed any part of my genitals, and baby boys deserve the same. There is nothing dangerous about the foreskin, it is more than a flap of skin, and your opinion on what it looks like does not matter.
Just forget it, you are being dramatic. You really need to calm down. I don't care who does and doesn't do it, I know I am and that's the end of that. I just wanted to comment on your post b/c you are very incorrect and from your last post (quoted) there is no other truth but yours.

My reason is both religious (not social) and medical, if you have a problem with that than, tough cookie.

The foeskin will be off my child and if you think it is so wrong for me to do it then call CPS, opps sorry you can't b/c it is not illegal and I am well within my rights to do so. You are not better or more educated than anyone else b/c you didn't circ. Just live and let live.

Believe me, I don't think a mama on this board would hurt their child and we all love our children just the same, so please give it a rest.

Not trying to argue but you really need to stop, you can stand up for what you believe without going to extremes and calling people ignorant.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #30
Edenite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchen79 View Post
It may be a legal practice to opt for circumcision, but the person who consents to the procedure should be the person who owns the genitals.
In your house but not in mine. You do what you feel is best for your child and I for mine.

The only person that will deciding anything in my house in regards to my CHILD will be his parents.

Don't push your beliefs on others. Last I checked America was a free country and we were free to do as we pleased within the laws.

Have a nice night.