Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Strange Rash on DS?

Ds2 has developed an odd rash in his diaper area. I thought it was a normal diaper rash, but it isn't going away. It is mostly in the crevices where his legs meet his groin area (he is really pudgy so he has lots of folds and crevices) and right under his testicles. It also runs back his little crack and right around his anus. It is pink to red with tiny little bumps. It doesn't seem to hurt him when I touch it but it looks like it should. I have tried every rash cream I can find but it isn't going away. I tried just plain lotion on it as well and that doesn't seem to help. As a background he is non-vaxed, wears pocket diapers, and is breastfed exclusively minus a small bite of bannana 2 wks ago and a bite of watermelon 1 wk ago monday. So what is this mystery rash?

Advertisement

iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:30 AM   #2
MommyMommyMommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Strange Rash on DS?

This sounds exactly like something my DS had a few months ago when he was about 5 months old. As much as I would try to air him out really when at diaper changes, the ones in the crack of his legs (where leg meets groin) would get so bad sometime that they would bleed. We also tried every cream available but then I took him to the pediatrician and discovered it was a bacterial infection and it took an antibiotic to get rid of it. We haven't had any problems since.

I'd say it's at least worth a call to your ped to see what they think.

Good luck!
MommyMommyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 06:13 AM   #3
Voltige
Registered Users
seller

My DS had something similar, and I had him sit in plain water a few times a day- followed by lots of naked time during the day- and it was MUCH better after 24 hours and gone after 48 hours. We didn't see the ped, but I would have taken him if it had not gotten better. No creams, no soap, nothing. Just use plain water and air.
Voltige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #4
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

sounds like a yeast rash
go to askdrsears.com and put yeast in the search engine...there should be a link to a picture of the rash.

You have to treat internally (with acidophilus) & externally (either Lotrimin cream or gentian violet (will stain! use sposies!). PM me if you don't find the info you need to beat it on dr sears site.