Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #51
moonpuppyswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Packed Lunches

GREAT sticky! Thanks ladies! Oh and I found some of the bento boxes and containers on ebay. Thanks again!!!

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #52
CrunchyMama0607
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some healthy snack ideas:

-Newton Fruit Crisps (made by the makers of Fig Newtons)
-Sugarless jello
-Fiber One pop-tarts
-String cheese
-Air popped popcorn in a ziplock baggie (include a smaller container of parmasan cheese, powdered cheese [like you get in macaroni and cheese], sugar/cinnamon mixture or any other idea's you might like)
-Hard pretzels and packets of mustard
-Kudo's bars (freeze them the night before so they won't melt since they're chocolate)
-rice crispy bars
-soft pretzels

That's all I can think of atm but I hope it helps
Old 02-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #53
amberpayne27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've never heard of Bento before. Is this something you could do for DH as well? Do they make the boxes for adults or children only? My dd is allergic to milk & eggs, and I'm getting tired of the same old stuff for her lunch. I'm trying to come up with ideas. I also have a tight budget and a very picky DH...he could eat fast food everyday & never get tired of it...
Jesus lovin' wife to my 3rd grade sweetie and Homeschooling mama to my funny little 5 year old diva, Kelsie ,Stella Mae, my 2 year old wild child and Judah Jenkins, our sweet miracle rainbow baby born 11/3/12
Missing our tiny love bugs 6/11, 4w4d and 10/11, 9w1d
amberpayne27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #54
veganf
Registered Users

My Mood:

You can definitely make bento lunches for your husband! I do when I have the time. You can buy a larger more masculine bento box, or just pack whatever containers you have bento-style.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #55
BabyLuvinMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also have a Picky DH so making lunch for him is sometimes tricky since he REALLY dislikes most condiments. However I have found if I give him a Few different choices to chose from he is usually happy.

*when I make soups, Chillis, and stews I make sure I pull out 1 or 2 portions and Stick it in the freezer in a Microwave safe container Labled so all he has to do is tell me which one he wants to take the night before and I pull it out for his lunch.
*I buy Pita Pockets put it in a zip bag, then put in a sectioned container some meat, cheese, salad, and Raw veggies then he can make it how he wants but at least I know its all there if he wants it and NOTHING gets soggy.
*I also make up soup put it in his Thermos (we have one MARKED for lunch one for coffee lol) and put a Note on it of what soup is in it. It usually stays warm until he gets to lunch around 1pm that and some Oyster crackers hes usually good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For my Kids I do alot of Pita pockets and let them CHOSE what they want in it. Some pick to make a Pita Pocket Pizza, some chose to make a sandwich My oldest adds Melted cheese to the Pita to drip into her Soup

Hope this helped a little

**happy cooking**
BabyLuvinMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:17 PM   #56
ACB
Registered Users

My Mood:

These are great lunch ideas! Now, I just need to convince DH to take some time to microwave his food at lunch. He always insists on a sandwich, because he doesn't like to spend time away from his desk heating things!
ACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:25 AM   #57
natesgirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberpayne27 View Post
I've never heard of Bento before. Is this something you could do for DH as well? Do they make the boxes for adults or children only? My dd is allergic to milk & eggs, and I'm getting tired of the same old stuff for her lunch. I'm trying to come up with ideas. I also have a tight budget and a very picky DH...he could eat fast food everyday & never get tired of it...
I make bentos for DH
the Mr Bento is nice yo ucan find it on amazon
Old 03-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #58
tifkygav
Registered Users

Normally any left overs in the fridge becomes lunch the next day.
tifkygav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #59
veganf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifkygav View Post
Normally any left overs in the fridge becomes lunch the next day.
Yeah that! Leftovers rule.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #60
3girls4me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Heres a question. My kids like luncheon meat sandwiches, but the always eat the meat before I get the sandwiches made. Can I make the sandwiches ahead of time an freeze them?
3girls4me is offline   Reply With Quote