Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:51 PM   #1
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

Teething and a high temp

Audrianna is teething something bad first time she has ever fussed teeth shes getting one on each side of her two top front teeth. She always gets two teeth at the same time and shes never been in pain not including the two teeth that are comming in she has 4 teeth two top and two bottom. Anyways since 4am this morning it has been horrible. She woke up at 4am screaming these blood curdling screams so I went upstairs and picked her up tried rocking her, giving her a bottle walking around the house, singing to her, changing her diaper nothing worked. I then gave her tylenol and rubbed some teething gel on her gums we have known shes been teething for a few weeks now she has 6 comming in the pediatrician said her two molars would be comming in cause they were the most noticeable well he was wrong I honestly only see two teeth comming in and thats the two that are comming in right now. Well she woke up again 4 times after that until about 8am thats when my fiance woke up well i woke him up cause I needed sleep and I obviously wasnt making her happy at all. So he stayed up with her so I could nap. He ended up getting her to fall asleep shortly after I went to bed and she slept till 11am thats when she woke up again screaming so I gave her some more tylenol and we waited to see if it would kick in and it didn't. Oh i forgot to mention she had also had a low grade rectal temp yesterday till around noon it was only 100.0 well even with the tylenol it has been climbing cuurently it is at 101.4 rectal. we have also done teething tablets homepathic ones nothings working and to top it off i think shes got her first ear infection possibly a double they are red but shes not tugging at them or anything she won't nap i can't put her down she just starts screaming she did lay down on the couh 40 30 minutes just watching tv. any advice shes not really in the mood to eat and shes only had about 6oz all day. Im pretty sure drs dont want to see them till they reach 102

Advertisement

Audriannasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #2
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Re: Teething and a high temp

Any vomiting? She won't want to lay down if she has an ear infection. She'll need to sleep propped up. Hope she feels better really soon! Teething is a bummer!!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:28 PM   #3
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

no vomiting yet. shes normally good at drinking from a cup, sippy, or bottle but she doesnt want to
Old 05-29-2006, 04:30 PM   #4
momtotwinboyz
Registered Users
seller

Awww. Poor baby. Well, only low grade temps are caused by teething. If it gets too much over 101, I would see the ped. Every time this happened to my kids, it was something other than teething. Good luck.
momtotwinboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

thanks
Old 05-29-2006, 05:36 PM   #6
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

its at 102.7 now so im calling her drs right now to speak to a nurse she was crying pretty bad and had a wet diaper. Thats my fiances reason for why its so high i feel otherwise
Old 05-29-2006, 07:04 PM   #7
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

so sorry your baby's sick. My dd got a high fever during teething once.
Be sure not to repeat the homeopathic remedy too many times or else it will cause the same symptoms you are trying to cure. It could be the opposite...you might not be repeating it enough. Or you could just have the wrong remedy.

any diarrhea? constipation?
Old 05-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #8
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

back she may have a respatory infection we went to the hospital