Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2006, 10:28 AM   #11
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Summer babies? Help!

I had 2, one in mid june and one at the begining of july. Both I packed 2 outfits to the hospital, depending upon the temp. of the day and didn't swaddle as it was just too hot both days. they ended up in a simple lap tee and dipe for their first few months of life. simple.

I did, however, swaddle at night and kept our temp. a bit cooler at night so they wouldn't get overheated

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2006, 01:09 PM   #12
bethanyjoy
Registered Users

I think it's pretty much been covered -- I had both boys in June, so that's what I'm used to. You'll have to share your winter baby tips with ME, because I've never done that before and will be x2! LOL

My boys virtually lived in onesies or even just a dipe, depending on the weather. I LOVED rompers for when we were going out -- a little more coverage than a onesie, but still easy and hassle-free. Also, had a couple little sunsuits with a "tank top" style top that I just adored, they snapped in the crotch...great for really hot weather.

For nighttimes, usually just onesies still since they coslept. If it was cool, then the light-weight cotton sleepers.
Old 05-30-2006, 02:23 PM   #13
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

Hello fellow Upstate NY'er! I have a June baby and will be having another June baby. (Hehe.. I also have a January baby). I dressed my baby in cute onesies mostly through the summer time. I was disposable diapering him, though, so I think it is gonna be different with this one. I think I will be doing my fitted dipes, wool soaker and little tshirts mostly if we are outside. I always kept a receiving blanket with me and it helped to keep the sun out, but with the way the weather has been here lately .. i definitely wont be wearing much on him.
Smiles,
Cat

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:04 PM   #14
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

It depends on how hot it gets where you live. The hotter the place the fewer the layers I'd put on. You can always check the baby and make sure they're not too hot.

I was a July baby, my mom has me in an undershirt, sleeper, 2 receiving blankets, and another blanket with a hat on my head. I don't know how I lived.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #15
aschrimp
Registered Users

DS was born in early september, which is still soundly in the hot season here (Northern CA). I swaddled, but when I did, he only wore a onesie under the swaddle blanket. Our AC didn't work very well, so about the coolest we could keep it was 80 during the day, but I never noticed him being overheated.
He mostly wore one piece rompers (I didn't like footed ones, he grew too fast and you couldn't "stretch" those a few weeks more), onesies, and the lightweight pants that they sell with the onesies.
We used 'sposies for the first month before I decided to make the switch to cloth. Just the thought of the icky plastic and paper on his brand new baby skin, and in that kind of heat, makes me cringe now. Funny how what seemed so normal then now seems so awful and weird!

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote