Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #1
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help!

My DS has gotten into a new sleep pattern. Every night DH DD and Me all give him hugs kisses and put him to bed. Then about 15 min later he calls for DH to come in DH does and says something and he falls asleep.

The problem: Well DH has been working long hours and isn't getting home until some nights 10 oclock. DS will not go to sleep for me. I put him in his crip he cries I take him out rock him hes fine then I put him back in and he cries. We do this forever until DH comes home says whatever he says to him and he goes right to sleep. I can't keep DS up later becausee I have to get DD ready for bed and do some cleaning up. HELP!!!

FYI DS is 2 years old and DD is 12 weeks

Advertisement

MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #2
Fullhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help!

He wants some attention from dad. Make it happen & don't worry so much about cleaning
Fullhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the above poster. Maybe have DH and DS do something that is just their thing every day or whatever works in your schedule.
For example, My DH gives DD her bath every night and they have a blast then I put DD to bed (usually - but DH has been doing it lately).
If they cant do something together every day make it on the weekends or whatever DHs days off are. Maybe with the new baby he is feeling a little jealous?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well DH gives him baths and puts him to bed every night he is able to and they are together all weekend I just dont know what to do the nights DH gets home really late
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #5
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Perhaps get dh to record what he says and then you can play it for DS when DH can't be there.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:39 PM   #6
momtotwinboyz
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF
Perhaps get dh to record what he says and then you can play it for DS when DH can't be there.

That's an awesome idea!!!!!
momtotwinboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #7
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He's 2? Well, a few things first:

#1- make sure you have the same routine every single night- same bedtime etc.

#2- make sure he's not getting his 2yr molars in... they are HORRIBLE! and seem to always cause thier worst pain just after bedtime...

#3- make sure its not too dark- night light or hall light or something...thats the age where they start having those sort of fears...

#4-By age 2yrs...when all else fails- baby gate the doorway and let him cry, eventually he will fall asleep...as horrible as it sounds, sometimes that is all there is left to do...but of course, make sure its just an extra attention thing first. I use a baby gate, I dont believe in closing kids' bedroom doors...especially when they're too young to open them.

Hope this helps!
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I say keep up with your night time routine (bath, books whatever you do) than put him in his room for quite time while you get dd to bed, let him have quite time (maybe even a cartoon or something to keep from waking dd up) than when dh gets home let him say what he does and let him go to sleep than....you can clean while ds is watching tv, coloring,reading(i know he doesnt read yet, but pic books or whatever), whatever...
GOODLUCK
LuAnn