Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
CufrM
Banned

Re: How do you stop buying/trading/selling??

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_thurm
One mom did say something one time that made me feel more normal. She said that this cloth diapering addiction thing isn't so different from someone who works with tools or cars all day, for example. These people are always thinking of and looking for the things that would make their job better or cooler...better tools, cooler cars. So....we moms change diapers.....thus we dream of them, lol, and look for ones that make the poo and potty changing more desireable.

My on this topic!
That's a great way of putting it! Good thing my hubby's addicted to cars-it makes my obsession easier to justify! He comes home from work on a daily basis and asks what I bought today!

Advertisement

CufrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 AM   #12
CufrM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina
Yeah, I have more diapers than I need right now... but not as amny as I want

I have found a good substitute for buying my kid diapers... buying other kids diapers! I am building a stash for my sis right now! NB fluff is the cutest!
I'm going to start that in a few weeks! My sister's due Jan. 29 so I've got some time!
CufrM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:17 AM   #13
lisahas2cats
Registered Users

I was doing great until a month or so ago when I re-found this board. Then suddenly, DD *needed* new diapers! Nevermind that she's showing, at 19 months, lots of signs of being ready to potty train. Nevermind that I've got diaper making fabrics out the yazoo (yet another addiction). I bought about a million Kissaluvs on here, then bought more when Kissaluvs had their "seconds" shop open. I've got a stack of diapers to sell. Yet last night I finished sewing her FOUR more diapers.

I'm seriously going to have to stop coming here. I'll have to sell what needs selling on eBay, because selling here puts me too close to temptation

Lisa
Old 06-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #14
dmoselle20
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I cant stop and I am not even going to try. I went into CD'ing in the hopes of saving money too...My rule of thumb though is I wont buy anything unless I have PP from selling another dipe. I also sell things on Ebay to fund my habit...lol! Do whatcha gotta do, right??!!!
dmoselle20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #15
mama23boys
Banned
seller

i can totally understand! dh keeps saying i THOUGHT we were supposed to SAVING money by cd'ing and you keep buying! and now i have found the wool love ohh well i give i did stay on the wagon for a few days, couldnt resist a HoneyBoy! AIO for the 4th!!
mama23boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #16
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This may sound crazy, but how I'm doing it is A, we really don't have the extra money. When I first got into cloth almost 3 months ago, I explained the concept to my husband and put aside 3 months worth of spoosies money. I'm keeping track of what I spend and sell, if I ever go over the 3 months number, I'm done. Or so I say. I'm having a hard time this week because we have to buy a new airconditioner so even with my $$ in PP I really shouldn't buy......
Old 06-02-2006, 10:41 AM   #17
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

It's such an addiction!! I don't need anything else either, yet I keep buying diapers!
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote