Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-02-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

'nother cover question

We're almost 2w into cloth now and I need more covers. I have 2 prowraps size medium, 3 gerbers (which work well but seem hot and leave red marks) and something "by April"

I'm using the covers over cpf or cpf converted into fitteds.

I want something more breathable, readily available and affordable b/c I'm pretty sure that dc will just toss the whole lot into the pail- not seperate out covers to reuse later and I'm assuming that once the cover gets tossed into the pail w/the dirty diaper, I wont be able to reuse it later. I'm thinking inexpensive fleece covers would be perfect.

DD is 7mo, 18lbs has 11in thighs, 16in rise.

Oh, and we cannot do wool- she's really allergic to lanolin.

and I'd like it to be somewhat trim- I had to change her out of the 'april' diaper last night b/c it was all so thick she couldnt sleep on her side! she kept cryign so I ended up putting her back in a disposable.

how are the bummis nylon pullons?

Advertisement

doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:02 AM   #2
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 'nother cover question

if your looking for pullons i like the dappi ones better than the bummi. The bummis seem more plasticy to me. And the dappi are also cheaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doberbrat
We're almost 2w into cloth now and I need more covers. I have 2 prowraps size medium, 3 gerbers (which work well but seem hot and leave red marks) and something "by April"

I'm using the covers over cpf or cpf converted into fitteds.

I want something more breathable, readily available and affordable b/c I'm pretty sure that dc will just toss the whole lot into the pail- not seperate out covers to reuse later and I'm assuming that once the cover gets tossed into the pail w/the dirty diaper, I wont be able to reuse it later. I'm thinking inexpensive fleece covers would be perfect.

DD is 7mo, 18lbs has 11in thighs, 16in rise.

Oh, and we cannot do wool- she's really allergic to lanolin.

and I'd like it to be somewhat trim- I had to change her out of the 'april' diaper last night b/c it was all so thick she couldnt sleep on her side! she kept cryign so I ended up putting her back in a disposable.

how are the bummis nylon pullons?
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

I dont know what would be best for us. My prioities are inexpensive, breathability and readily available since I want to get her switched over at daycare asap.

is the nylon that much more breathable than the vinyl?
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #4
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you might try the dappi wraps also... they are more breathable than the proraps and you can trifold the prefold in them
or with the coverteds I go pull-on dappi

p.s. I have 3 new dappi wraps we don't use because we went snappi
Old 06-02-2006, 01:56 PM   #5
CMamma
Registered Users
seller

I like the gerber ones but they don't make them the ez ones anymore - I have too many in M so if you need that size I have plenty NIP... I like BWW & LW's too... but for breathing I'd stay away from PUL. Maybe fleece?