Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2006, 02:47 PM   #21
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do you do when someone sells you a bad item?

Yeah, I think she needs to fix the missing snap, refund your $$, or exchange it.

The thing that boggles my mind is the fact that shes telling you "oh, not my problem" If the item was used...a missing snap SHOULD be mentioned.....if it was new....it should have been sold as a 2nd.

Advertisement

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #22
momtotwinboyz
Registered Users
seller

Angry Re: What do you do when someone sells you a bad item?

I remember a little while back Cotton Babies was selling tons of thier inserts for $1 each because of missing snaps. Not only was it wrong of that mama to not mention the missing snap but she also sold them for more than she paid?! That's not right.
momtotwinboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:04 PM   #23
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I hope that mama makes things right
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:41 PM   #24
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

ITA with emailing her with your intentions first. That way you are being totally fair with her. PLEASE KEEP ALL PM's and EMAILS! That way you can post them on her feedback "notes" about the sale that took place.

I'd say you email her and offer these 3 things to try and resolve the situation.

1. Give me a full refund minus the shipping cost and pay for me to ship them back to you.

or

2. Give me a partial refund. The amount those would have truly gone for if they were new seconds is $1 each. (So if you paid $4 each then she needs to give you $3 refund on each one)

or

3. If you choose not to resolve this situation I will leave negative feedback for you and MamaJo will be stepping in if you retaliate and give me negative feedback.

I don't know if you would really want to say that about MamaJo as I think it's up to her if she wants her name used in this matter but you can just tell her that you will leave negative feedback.

I also don't see anything wrong with telling the seller that you would like this to be resolves in x # of days too. You shouldn't be stuck with waiting a month for your money back KWIM?

(((Hugs mama)))

I bought a dipe from a mama for $9ppd and it came to me with shot elastic on one side and a hole in it. It was grossly misreprsented but she had a ton of dipes for sale and all positive feedback so I chalked it up to her missing it. I pm'd her and she offered to refund a few dollars but I had done some investigating and saw that she was/is having a hard time with her children and realized that she needed the money more than I so I declined. I cannot fix the problem but who cares.

This situation is not like that!

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!

Last edited by Bare Bottom Gear; 04-25-2006 at 10:42 PM.
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #25
Elphaba71
Registered Users
seller

What about if someone sells a dipe that repels terribly? Should this be mentioned when reselling used diapers? (Or selling ones that you messed up yourself? Don't know which is the situation.) Just wondering how I should leave feedback on the following situation:

I bought (on Ebay, not DS) some FB's that repel badly and I've now bought 1) Sensiclean 2) washing soda 3) Dawn and 4) RLR in attempts to fix them - they have cost me a lot more than I paid, kwim? (I haven't done the RLR yet, wish me luck - I've tried all the rest, plus all the standard stripping techniques, without success). If I can't fix them, I intend to try to resell - with full disclosure, in case someone out there thinks that they would have better luck. Of course, it's possible that the mama who sold them also bought them used and then just decided that they "didn't work" for her without knowing enough to realize why.

Mom to Griffin - 2/5/06, and Rhiannon 12/23/07
Elphaba71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #26
luvmyblessings
Registered Users
seller

I am so very sorry this has happened to you!

Oh this situation happened to me and I shyed away from online sites for almost a year! The item was completely misrepresented. Her comment was "I was told it was a ... when I bought it (she got it new in a box)." Her item was clearly marked as a different item, and she posted the site for the one I *thought* I was buying from her. Even when I sent the weblink for the actual item she sent as well as the item she advertised, still, it was my problem and she would not refund... even posted that I was trying to "rip her off" when I suggested a certain % discount to reflect the cost of her item used... anyway, she posted retalliatory feedback time and time again on mt feedback and in response on her feedback site.

It is not fair that someone would misrepresent an item to another mamma. I just make sure I am a better seller because of that situation.

After my experience, I'd tend to say go with your heart. Eventually, those who are dishonest will get what is coming to them.

Good luck...
luvmyblessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:40 AM   #27
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I'm just going to reitterate what everyone has said - leave negative feedback. It definitley warrants negative and not nuetral. You paid money for what was perceived to you as a NEW item - meaning NOTHING wrong with it.
These are CB seconds that were sold on the CB website for 1.00 each.
If someone has sold you a 2nd as a 1st and then tacked more money on on top of it all - definitley not cool in my back and very very bad B/S/T etiquette.
Dont feel bad. It's not your fault you got dooped.
*hugs*
Old 04-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #28
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

BTW, have you checked the thread in off topic to see if this perticular mama changed her username? It might help you to find her. If someone already suggested this, I am sorry, I only get a few minutes.