Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

**PLEASE Help Me!!!** LONG

Oh I'm so confused and frustrated. I'm fighting with my doctors about my due date and before the fight can be resolved I'm gonna end up having this baby!!

Here is the low down ...

My LMP started on Sept 27, 2005. That would make my due date July 4th - and me just past 36 weeks pg.

My 1st sono was at 8 weeks pg. They say that is the most accurate one. After measuring the baby they moved my due date to July 17! Ahh.. that is a 2 week difference. I KNEW I could not have gotten pg when they said I did as I had charted. They insisted, though, and moved my due date. That would make me only 34 weeks pg right now.

My 2nd sono was at 20 weeks pg. At that point they estimated my due date as July 8th. That was closer to my calcultions and the PA said that was my new due date. That would make me 36 weeks pg tomorrow.

So .. I have been going on this edd of July 8th. Today I went to the doc's office and they argued with me and told me that I'm only 34 weeks pg. They will not even do the 3rd sono they were going to do until the 20th now. The third sono is because they keep saying that he is huge and are afraid I will not be able to deliver him AND he was breech at our last sono so they want to make sure he moved.

Get this .. I'm supposedly 34 weeks pg, but am measuring fundal height of 44 weeks pg. With my last pg I delivered my ds 2 days after I was measured as 44 weeks pg with the fundal height thing. They tell me he is already most likely over 7lbs, but that i have 6 more weeks to go. I KNOW I do not have 6 weeks to go. I have 4 weeks to go because I KNOW I am right and they are not, but they will not listen to me. I also know that I will not go the full 4 weeks I have left. I have a major feeling this baby is gonna wanna come out in the next week. HOWEVER, I go to a small hospital and they will not deliver a baby before 36 weeks. This means they would ship me to the city to a hospital most likely to deliver. I DO NOT want to have to deliver up in Buffalo! If they would only listen to me they would see that the baby is 36 weeks and that we are in the clear, but they are being arrogant jerks about this! I'm sooooo upset!!

So, please, help me here. Please.... if I am wrong, let me know.

This is my ovulation calendar for when I got pg. As you can see, my lmp was Sept 27. (Top lines of numbers). That started day 1 of my ovulation (bottom lines of numbers). You can see the days that we had intercourse (BD). And you can see the day that I spotted *. And the day that I ended up testing and came up +.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...u/untitled.jpg

If I am due on the 17th of July that means I had to have conceived on the 24th of October - day 28 of my cycle. Just so you know... I'm a VERY VERY VERY regular 28 day cycle person. So, I would have conceived on the day I was to start AF. Umm.. nope. Hadn't had intercourse in a while!

If I'm due on the 8th of July that means I had to have conceived on the 15th of October, day 19 of my cycle. Possible .. you can see we bd'd that day.

If I'm due on the 4th of July that means I had to have conceived on the 11th of October, day 15 of my cycle. Possible .. you can see we bd'd that day.

So am I just being a paranoid jerk about this .. or am I right? I'm so upset with my docs right now! NO ONE will listen to me! I've already started dilating, I have gone into PT labor already with this pregnancy and my body is just screaming at me that this baby is going to be coming anytime now ... but they say I still have 6 weeks? ARGH!!!

Please.. for ladies that know about charting and stuff ... please let me know what you think. I know my charting wasn't great. I didn't take my temp everyday like I was suppose to (this was the first month we actively ttc and I "attempted" charting. The only thing I did right on the chart was document our bd'ing!!) and I know that it isn't perfect .. but the bd'ing is correct and that is what we need to know!

I'm so upset right now. I just got into my car and bawled after the doc was arguing with me about this. He acted like I was an idiot. I am having a family member stay with me because I cannot even pick up my children or pick up a laundry basket .. or even stand out there and make dinner without going into horrid contractions. She has already been here for 3 weeks. I do not know how many more weeks she can stay here, ya know?

Thanks for reading this super long post and for helping me out anyway you can!

Cat

Advertisement

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: **PLEASE Help Me!!!** LONG

My sympathy, a similar thing happened to me. I KNOW I was 10 weeks, the us tech said 8... I conceded *maybe* 9 weeks... later they wanted to take him by scheduled section because I measured a week too big for 8 months, sheesh. I ended up pre registering at a different hospital at one day overdue by my numbers and went into labor 3 days after that, so I got the doctor I listed on paper but had never met. I researched her beforehand, very good doc. I had to tell her my history while in labor, lol, and with the numbers and my size she agreed I was 4 days over due.
I don't have any good advice, but that you should believe in yourself, doctiors are NOT always right. I hope you have the birth you are looking for.
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
dirtdartwife
YouTube Junkie and Thread-Hijacker... watch your threads.
seller

My Mood:

Can you ask them why they are only using one sonogram when each one has given you a differing date as to when you're due? Even by the spin dial docs normally use, you should come up with 4 July.

What would happen if you showed up at the hospital about to deliver and there was no time to get to Buffalo? (I've got family up that way, BTW)

Good luck with this... I'd probably just start making a huge fuss and not back down off my dates. Take them a copy of your charts. That might convince them to back off.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #4
Merolu
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the PP... stick to your guns! If all else fails, they cannot turn you away if you are in labor.
Merolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:55 PM   #5
rds989
Registered Users
seller

How completely and totally infuriating. It's outrageous. You swear to them that this child is 36 weeks old, and all they can say is, "No, gotta be 34, but BOY is this a big kid!" No sh**! As big as if he/she were 36 weeks! Wonder why! Aren't doctors supposed to be good at science, which is all about logic?!!! It's people like this that give medicalized birth such a bad reputation.

I asked dh about this (he's a lawyer), and he agrees that your doctor sucks. I was hoping he'd say you have legal recourse (it is your body, after all, so you should be the authority!) but he says you only have consumer recourse. In other words, you can always switch doctors, or try to find a midwife and have a homebirth, but that's about it. But those things are pretty darn difficult this far along. Still, if you can switch ob's at this point, you might want to try.

But listen, if you get to the hospital in active labor, there's not going to be a sign tatooed on your forehead that says "My doctor says I'm not 36 weeks yet!" When you go in to labor, stay home as long as you can, and then go in to the ER and when they ask you how far along you are, tell them the real answer. Hopefully, your doctor won't be on call and someone else will deliver you.

All in all, though, this sounds really tough. I would be a wreck in your situation. I'm so sorry you have to deal with these boneheads at a time when you should be calling the shots.

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Wow.. I dunno what to tell you...

I measured WAY to small at 40 weeks iwth my dd1.. she was 8 lbs 8 oz... we even had like 5 diff ultrasounds done too.. they all said she was too little!

Hopefully when you get to the hospital just tell them you are 36 (or whatever you really are at the time) and it will go smoothly!

I hate doctors.. thats why I love love love my midwife!!!
Old 06-10-2006, 12:18 AM   #7
toryandrew
Registered Users
seller

My understanding is that they can't refuse any kind of medical care to any pregnant woman and they can't force you to be transported against your will. So if you go into labor just refuse to budge.
toryandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 05:18 AM   #8
allycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, this is a mess. Sorry, I don't have any advice, but
Alison
Old 06-10-2006, 09:23 PM   #9
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies.

I really cannot change ob's at this point since there are only 4 in my area and 2 of them are in the practice I go to. If/when I go to the hospital in labor they will just call my doc and he will come in. There really isn't any other docs that deliver there.

I have printed out my chart and have it in my labor bag. When I go into labor and my doc shows up and says "hey.. we're gonna give you bunches of drugs to make it stop" I'll just whip out the chart and prove to him that I'm as far along as I say I am.

I'm so sick of my docs treating me like i'm an idiot.

If we had midwives in my area I'd go to one, but we don't. If I could do a homebirth I would .. but both of my previous ds's stopped breathing soon after birth and they had to have some major medical care .. so ... I guess I'm stuck with the arrogant jerks.

Thanks for listening to my ranting, though, ladies! It always helps to come on here and do some venting when I'm so frustrated and my dorky dh just shrugs his shoulders.

Smiles,
Cat

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote