Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-30-2011, 07:15 PM   #1
magoose
Registered Users

11 weeks, measuring 14???

So I had my first doctor's appointment to day. We won't talk about how she's a moron and couldn't find the heartbeat. I had to ask her to even try but she had it in her head that we wouldn't find it, so low and behold we didn't hear it. I'm pretty sure I could have found it, but I didn't want to rip the doppler out of her hands and try for myself...maybe I should have Anyway, when she did the pelvic exam, she said I was measuring about 14-16 weeks. According to my LMP, I'm 11 weeks today. She said I could have gotten my dates wrong, but I'm pretty sure when I had my last period. I asked if it could be twins, she said unlikely. I know I had my period around June 14th-ish....maybe off a day or two, but I know I had it in June. It was not a normal one though. It was my first cycle off the pill so I didn't think much of it, but it was much lighter, bled for about three days...stopped for a day, then spotted for another day or two. I thought I might be preggers then 'cause it was weird, but I did a HPT and it was negative. Anyway, I'm going for an ultrasound as soon as I can get in, hopefully next week so we can be sure of what's going on. I'm trying not to freak out about the heartbeat, but I was really looking forward to hearing it. I'm glad she's just my GP and not my OB....

Advertisement

Old 08-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 11 weeks, measuring 14???

I'm sorry she's such a moron Sometimes I think that people should only be in the profession if they really enjoy it, they should know that everyone excited to hear the heartbeat and such and be excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your u/s
Old 08-30-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How the heck could she tell whether it was twins or not? Hope the ultrasound goes better
Old 08-30-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Its not that uncommon to not be able to hear the heartbeat with a doppler that early. Also, she probably said she didn't think it was twins because most of the time you measure journal with twins on the beginning and have a jump in measurements later on. Sorry it sounds like she didn't have the best bedside manner though

Sent via my phone using swype. Beware of typos
Old 09-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #5
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:

sounds like that period u had may not have been a period and you are actually father along than u think..but who knows
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #6
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What was she measuring during a pelvic??? That doesn't make sense to me.

And if you were 14-16, there would certainly be FHT with a doppler, I would think?
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote