Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #41
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 1/2/12-1/8/12 Marchkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
I didn't get to eat breakfast until almost 2pm The Hubby dropped me off at the doctor's and went to McD's with the boys to have breakfast. Then they came and sat with me while I waited out the test and I had to hear all about the pancakes and oj and yummy stuff they bought. Then he had the nerve to tell me he was feeling a bit hungry just before they did the last blood draw. Did I mention that on top of the breakfast they also ate like ten bananas and a whole bag of cookies? And I got to watch them all eat and enjoy themselves the entire time? I was just like my siggy, didn't know whether to cry or kill him at the time (killing him was winning for the most part until I realized I'd have to go to jail and my baby wouldn't be able to cosleep. That's the ONLY thing that kept him alive)

On the way back I made him stop at Jack in the Box to get something because I was NOT going to be able to cook anything without passing out of hunger and starvation. And I still taste the yucky glucose drink
I hope you passed the test! But I guess I feel that a lower carb diet is better for everyone whether they are pregnant or not...I tend to eat that way anyway. I wouldn't want to actually keep track of my diet, though. I would be terrible at that.

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #42
crunch!910
Registered Users

DS1 is not yet 2.5 and will make an attempt to wipe my himself, but I always wipe him after. I imagine he'll be a lot older before I'm not wiping! I don't want streaks in his underwear!

My midwife/dr group realllly didn't want to compromise on the GD test since I gained so much weight with DS1 and he was a nearly 10lb baby. And the more they were concerned with my glucose, the more determined I was to prove them wrong anyway, so just consented. Also, if we compromised, I likely wouldn't have been able to do it at a local lab; I would have probably had to drive the 1+ hr to do the test in their office. Anyway, today was my appointment and she told me those results. 78!!!! BTW, that was not a fasting number. I had a normal breakfast. *happy dance* I was VERY pleased and thinking in my head "TOLD YOU SO!"

Today my fundal height was 30 even though I'm 28wks, but because my weight gain was excellent and it was within 2", she wasn't concerned yet with another large baby. I can definitely tell baby has gone through a growth spurt anyway!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:54 PM   #43
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
DS1 is not yet 2.5 and will make an attempt to wipe my himself, but I always wipe him after. I imagine he'll be a lot older before I'm not wiping! I don't want streaks in his underwear!

My midwife/dr group realllly didn't want to compromise on the GD test since I gained so much weight with DS1 and he was a nearly 10lb baby. And the more they were concerned with my glucose, the more determined I was to prove them wrong anyway, so just consented. Also, if we compromised, I likely wouldn't have been able to do it at a local lab; I would have probably had to drive the 1+ hr to do the test in their office. Anyway, today was my appointment and she told me those results. 78!!!! BTW, that was not a fasting number. I had a normal breakfast. *happy dance* I was VERY pleased and thinking in my head "TOLD YOU SO!"

Today my fundal height was 30 even though I'm 28wks, but because my weight gain was excellent and it was within 2", she wasn't concerned yet with another large baby. I can definitely tell baby has gone through a growth spurt anyway!
That's great that you passed! I'm sure that's a relief for everyone involved
Old 01-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #44
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Been mia lately.

Yesterday was mine and dh's 5th wedding anniversary. He came home early from work and I got a bath and he took care of dd1's lunch. Then he stayed with her during nap time and I got out to run some errands that needed taking care of. Then we dropped dd1 off at his parents and went out to Olive Garden. Had some of the best dessert - black tie chocolate cake or something. And I got in bed to find out he'd bought me a heated mattress pad. I've wanted one for sooooo long. I didn't sleep with it on btw. He bought it and put it on the bed without me having the slightest clue, it was very sweet. eta: oh yeah, his parents paid for our dinner too I've been blessed with very good in-laws.

Today we went to lunch with fil, dd1 then proceeded to not nap. Then grocery store when dh got home and fixed dinner for his family. Now I've been up making cookies and brownies for my open house tomorrow. Not sure how many people will show, but at least I have treats for it. And the living room, dining nook, and kitchen are mostly clean, and the bathroom - dh cleaned it for me, mostly. Just need to wash the dishes I got dirty tonight but there's no way I'm doing it now, it will have to wait until morning.

So, bed now, baby shower in the morning then party time. I have a feeling I may regret all the work I've done today though....I feel exhausted right now.

Oh and went into dd1's room this morning to get her up to find out she'd taken off her pj's. Her diaper was still on but I think I may have a streaker on my hands...

Last edited by lecialefty; 01-06-2012 at 09:28 PM.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:58 AM   #45
crunch!910
Registered Users

We've got a nudist too. While leaving him naked was a terrific way to potty train him quickly and at a young age, it also meant that he soon came to find clothes uncomfortable. We have the hardest time keeping underwear and clothes on him at home. (Oh, and he also has to pee or poop at home comletely naked - He refuses to have socks, shoes, pants, underwear around his ankles or even a shirt on! Lol! He's finally getting much better about me leaving his pants around his ankles in public though.. I used to ahve to strip all his bottom wear off and leave his shirt on!) I think in 3 hrs time yesterday I had to put them back on him about a dozen times! Sometimes its uneventful and he cooperates, other times its kicking me and trying to run away, and worst sometimes its a full blown tantrum. He's only taken off his clothes/diaper once at night, but it happened to be the night he started getting sick with vomit/diarrhea. That was fun to clean up!

Last edited by crunch!910; 01-07-2012 at 04:59 AM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #46
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Yay! I just got word I passed my 1 hour GD test... Even after I decided that I had to eat before hand and had 1/2 a cup of coffee and 2 pieces of toast with margerine.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #47
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
Been mia lately.

Yesterday was mine and dh's 5th wedding anniversary. He came home early from work and I got a bath and he took care of dd1's lunch. Then he stayed with her during nap time and I got out to run some errands that needed taking care of. Then we dropped dd1 off at his parents and went out to Olive Garden. Had some of the best dessert - black tie chocolate cake or something. And I got in bed to find out he'd bought me a heated mattress pad. I've wanted one for sooooo long. I didn't sleep with it on btw. He bought it and put it on the bed without me having the slightest clue, it was very sweet. eta: oh yeah, his parents paid for our dinner too I've been blessed with very good in-laws.

Today we went to lunch with fil, dd1 then proceeded to not nap. Then grocery store when dh got home and fixed dinner for his family. Now I've been up making cookies and brownies for my open house tomorrow. Not sure how many people will show, but at least I have treats for it. And the living room, dining nook, and kitchen are mostly clean, and the bathroom - dh cleaned it for me, mostly. Just need to wash the dishes I got dirty tonight but there's no way I'm doing it now, it will have to wait until morning.

So, bed now, baby shower in the morning then party time. I have a feeling I may regret all the work I've done today though....I feel exhausted right now.

Oh and went into dd1's room this morning to get her up to find out she'd taken off her pj's. Her diaper was still on but I think I may have a streaker on my hands...
Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you had a great night. You'll have to let me know how you like the heated mattress pad; I'd never heard of them until my aunt got one and they sound awesome.

Nothing much going on here. Had my OB appt Friday and measuring barely 29cm at 28 weeks w/ only a 24lb weight gain. I'm happy!

Ended up taking DS2 to the PEd for a speech eval this week. He's only 21mo, but if I waited until his 2yr well-check, then I'd possibly have a newborn on my hands as well and it'd postpone things a bit. He can say about 4 two word phrases and a few animal noises, but nothing is really clear, besides "bye!" We go to an ENT next week for hearing tests and from there we will figure out if we need therapy or not. He is just such a pleasant little guy, but we're finding that we're all starting to get so frustrated since we can't figure out what he wants sometimes.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #48
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post

My midwife had me eat a big protein breakfast with someone sugary (like an egg, pancakes with syrup, juice..)and finish it two hours before our appointment. My results were really low too (close to yours... she was shocked as she said she usually saw numbers around 100).

Now if I can just keep my iron up. I need to go get that tested again this coming week. I was at an 11 (the very bottom of the "good") which is really good for me since I am severely anemic. Hope I haven't gone lower. Last pregnancy I stayed around 7-8.

I'm 32 weeks pregnant today, and our youngest is officially 16 months old today. (She'll be about 18 months old, maybe a little less, with this little one is born.) I can't believe I only have about 8 weeks left. I'm very excited.. I think I'm mostly ready. Probably should buy that homebirth kit that is requires but I rarely use.

Last edited by McMandy; 01-07-2012 at 09:44 AM.
McMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #49
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Even when I had GD, my numbers were sometimes less than 70. And sometimes they were over 150. It just really depends on the day and time and your stess level, etc. that's why I think the tests are so unreliable. The problem with GD is your sugars can be high and low, and not always high. I think testing at home for a week is a better indicator of what your blood sugars are like.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #50
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Happy everyone passed their tests!!!

Can't believe I am 32 weeks on Monday, this is starting to feel close. Today was super busy. We pulled down all of DD's clothes and went through them, put stuff to donate, sell, have new baby use, or save for future kids based on season. We also got a bassinet the other day and pulled down the swing from the attic. DD thinks the swing is her new toy for her dolls Then my best friend came over for a bit and we just went for a nice two mile walk because it is 60 out today!!!