Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2011, 03:53 AM   #11
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 10/3-10/9 Marchkins

Okay. So I'm up at like 3:30 writing this SUPER WEIRD dream down before I forget it, lol. Yesterday, DH and I went through a whole big deal to schedule our ultrasound (b/c his work was being inflexible w/ giving him a day off). But we finally got it scheduled and she'll call me tomorrow w/ the exact time and whatnot.

Anyway. So we get there and are talking to the lady about possibly finding out the gender, but keeping it from DD (who is with us), and asked her to just show us and not tell us. So when it came time to see the gender, she was able to get a clear shot and I saw the three white lines that are indicative of a girl. Then I get up and we're getting ready to leave, and I write, "Girl?" on a little scrap of paper and show it to the tech, and she shakes her head. I am confused and ask to rewind the video for a second so I can ask her about what I saw, but then I realize that we FORGOT the blank tape we were supposed to bring! Argh!

So I ask her if DH can run home and get the tape, and she said that was fine. She did someone else's ultrasound while he was gone and stuff, then he came back and we went through the whole thing again, this time with video. I was having a hard time seeing, so I asked DD to bring me my eye drops and I put them on while I was on the table (I have some mild chronic dry eye since my LASIK several years ago). Then I was able to see everything clearly. So it got time for the gender shot again, and the tech told me to watch carefully. So I paid REAL close attention this time, lol. And the three lines came up again, but then she moved the wand slightly, and a penis materialized - but it was unlike ANY boy ultrasound image that I'd EVER seen. It was dark gray, and on the image, it looked circumcised (which was weird anyway since we keep our boys intact). So in the dream, I went home from the ultrasound knowing that it was a boy, but realizing not to be surprised if it was a girl after all, lol.

What does it all mean? rofl.

Advertisement

Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:58 AM   #12
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you have to pee right after you woke up? I find that there is a big correlation between a full bladder and crazy pregnancy dreams. Other than that, you could either have a manly girl or a womanly man child.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #13
bccc624
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmama26 View Post
I had a doctor's appointment with a doctor who is going to make me a referral to my OB so YAY!!! That is the only news I have
Finally! YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Okay. So I'm up at like 3:30 writing this SUPER WEIRD dream down before I forget it, lol. Yesterday, DH and I went through a whole big deal to schedule our ultrasound (b/c his work was being inflexible w/ giving him a day off). But we finally got it scheduled and she'll call me tomorrow w/ the exact time and whatnot.

Anyway. So we get there and are talking to the lady about possibly finding out the gender, but keeping it from DD (who is with us), and asked her to just show us and not tell us. So when it came time to see the gender, she was able to get a clear shot and I saw the three white lines that are indicative of a girl. Then I get up and we're getting ready to leave, and I write, "Girl?" on a little scrap of paper and show it to the tech, and she shakes her head. I am confused and ask to rewind the video for a second so I can ask her about what I saw, but then I realize that we FORGOT the blank tape we were supposed to bring! Argh!

So I ask her if DH can run home and get the tape, and she said that was fine. She did someone else's ultrasound while he was gone and stuff, then he came back and we went through the whole thing again, this time with video. I was having a hard time seeing, so I asked DD to bring me my eye drops and I put them on while I was on the table (I have some mild chronic dry eye since my LASIK several years ago). Then I was able to see everything clearly. So it got time for the gender shot again, and the tech told me to watch carefully. So I paid REAL close attention this time, lol. And the three lines came up again, but then she moved the wand slightly, and a penis materialized - but it was unlike ANY boy ultrasound image that I'd EVER seen. It was dark gray, and on the image, it looked circumcised (which was weird anyway since we keep our boys intact). So in the dream, I went home from the ultrasound knowing that it was a boy, but realizing not to be surprised if it was a girl after all, lol.

What does it all mean? rofl.
Not quite sure what to think of that one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryChicMama View Post
@Brandi: What type of injections are you having to get?
I get the 17P injections (alphyhydroxyprogesterone caproate). It's a form of progesterone to help prevent preterm labor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
Did you have to pee right after you woke up? I find that there is a big correlation between a full bladder and crazy pregnancy dreams. Other than that, you could either have a manly girl or a womanly man child.
Oooh! Interesting! Makes sense! I hadn't had any crazy ones in a while and I woke up having to pee this morning and remembered a very odd one from last night!

I dreamt that I was dating a little person. My fiance (I guess ex-fiance in the dream) was angry because he didn't know how it would affect our DD.

bccc624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Appointment went well yesterday. Measuring for just one baby so twins are pretty much out of my mind now. Hb was in the upper 140s - low 150s. Need to call today to make my u/s appointment. I think it won't be until the 1st week of November because of dh's work schedule. Weight gain so far - 7lbs. So I have 28lbs left that I could gain, I really want to stay under 150 this time.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:35 AM   #15
Sweetmama26
Registered Users

My Mood:

Brandi - that's what I said yesterday after the doctor told me that she would make a referral I was pretty happy.
Sweetmama26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #16
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

I know I'm new here- but if there's a FB group can I join? I'm much more active on FB than I am here

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #17
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccc624 View Post
Finally! YAY!

Not quite sure what to think of that one!!

I get the 17P injections (alphyhydroxyprogesterone caproate). It's a form of progesterone to help prevent preterm labor.

Oooh! Interesting! Makes sense! I hadn't had any crazy ones in a while and I woke up having to pee this morning and remembered a very odd one from last night!

I dreamt that I was dating a little person. My fiance (I guess ex-fiance in the dream) was angry because he didn't know how it would affect our DD.
At least, in my case it does. I have noticed that the wilder my dreams the more my bladder is all explody when I wake up. And my dreams are already normally weird (think space ships, time travel, worlds under the sea, little people stealing my babies and me kicking them in the family jewels, etc.) so when they get freakier it can be scary.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #18
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'd never made the connection between explosive pee and crazy dreams, but it fits for me. I always have the craziest ones of the night right when I wake up for my 5am pee.

Last night I had a scary Rosemary's Baby type one.
I was planning a home birth, but apparently in dream world home birth just means that the hospital comes to your living room.
Anyhow, I went into labor, strapped to a hospital bed in my upstairs hallway. Right as the baby came out I felt like I'd been drugged and passed out.
I woke up a few days later at a family party and everyone was acting like I either didn't have the baby or that it was no big deal, but they'd all met the baby and knew everything about it and no one would even tell me if it was a boy or a girl.
I spent the rest of the dream trying to get *anyone* to tell me about my baby.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-10-2011, 02:10 AM   #19
JessicaArizona
Yes...we know what causes it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm new to this thread too. Is there a intro thread started with name and actual due date? I'm due march 30.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #20
LnZsmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaArizona View Post
I'm new to this thread too. Is there a intro thread started with name and actual due date? I'm due march 30.
yes, it is the very top red thread welcome and congrats!
LnZsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote