Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #11
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 12/20-12/25 Marchkins

The house is a mess and I have company coming over tomorrow at 8am. So what did I do? Why, these of course!

To go with the other gowns I made out of the same fabrics. The burp cloths have a terry backing.

Advertisement

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:34 AM   #12
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
The house is a mess and I have company coming over tomorrow at 8am. So what did I do? Why, these of course!

To go with the other gowns I made out of the same fabrics. The burp cloths have a terry backing.
Wow, I'm impressed. I can't get anything done around here!!

What did I do today.... I did 3 loads of laundry, steam mopped the floors, scrubbed the stove, and vacuumed a bit. I went to the OBGYN and had an ultrasound. Baby is over 2 pounds, and is measuring exactly average. DS got to drive his new car today, and was in LOVE with it. I went through my diaper bin and organized it all, because DS has an all new stash (Grovia AIO's, BG 4.0's, Sandy's with bamboo doublers, mommy made diapers and doublers, and new wool longies). I am just so happy DS's shopping is DONE and I can focus on what I need to get for baby #2. (I was in diaper purgatory for a while. )

Tomorrow I want to make some new wipes and more velour doublers. I also need to vacuum the house, dust everything, and clean one of the bathrooms. I have another appt. with my PT tomorrow. I hope I can get it all done! DH has been working until 10 pm or midnight lately, even though he promised me months ago that he would rearrange his schedule so that he could come home at a reasonable time.

Happy belated birthday, umphrey's mom!!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:46 AM   #13
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I didn't get any cleaning done I just spent my time puttering around the house and laying like a whale in the couch pretending I was in horrible deathly pain so the kids and husband would leave me alone I have to make some wipes for Cletus but don't have the fabric I need (not sure what kind I want nor which one is better).
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Old 12-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #14
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I like the baby terry material for wipes with flannel on the back.

DH doesn't really care if I'm in pain or not. If I dont do everything around here, nothing would get done. His favorite saying is, "I keep forgetting you're pregnant!"
Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #15
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been really terrible about checking in here, especially with the holidays coming up.

I only have 6 diapers for the little one right now; some small FBs I found on the clearance shelf at BRU a year ago. DS was well beyond smalls at the time, but they were $25. For six.

I *think* we've finally decided on a name, and it was one of my top 3, but now that DH has agreed to it I'm not sure it's the one. Oliver Henry. But I feel like this baby needs to be Griffin and DH isn't a fan.
DH said on Saturday that he'd like to use Oliver and I've been testing it out all week, but it just doesn't seem right.

Oh, and is it March yet? I'm so ridiculously uncomfortable. I can't tell how he's laying, but some part of him digs at my cervix constantly. The other end is threatening to break my ribs. And when he stretches a certain way, it's a sure bet I'll need to change my pants.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 12-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #16
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been nannying (actually nannying since school is out!) and haven't had time to get on the computer at all. I did get a lot of knitting done, though (well, one project, but that's a lot for me since it's only the third thing I've ever made, lol). I taught a 6 year old to knit; I think that was an accomplishment. Otherwise, I've done nothing much this week.

My midwife appointment for next week got moved to the week after, so I'm not too happy about that. I was looking forward to going and seeing if she could figure out which way the baby is facing. But I will just have to wait another week, I guess.

Robbyn- sorry you're so uncomfortable! I haven't gotten there yet. Did you feel like that with your first? I really never felt "too pregnant" with my first, but I have no idea if that will happen this time.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:24 AM   #17
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I cleaned half the house yesterday. By today the whole thing should be clean.

DS was so happy in his new car. He literally drives around in it until he falls asleep.

Why do people insist that women cause their own morning sickness through their (modern) lifestyle? Maybe it's just because I was history major, but MS has been with women for HUNDREDS if not thousands (I didn't study ancient history ) of years. 150 years ago there were ads for MS remedies. In Elizabethan England there were all sorts of wive tales and supposed "cures" pertaining to MS. I can see how diabetes (due to our obesity epidemic) and lung cancer (which was almost unheard of before the industrial revolution) and heart disease have been increased because of modern lifestyles... but morning sickness?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #18
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I guess I could buy that morning sickness can be made worse by a modern lifestyle to some degree. I mean stress can make one nauseous, I'm definetely both today. I sooooooooooo do NOT want to go to Montana tomorrow to spend Christmas with my family. I should be packing, but I feel like I'm going to puke.

My ISO/IHA I'm looking for a Cosco Pronto cover in "Cars" preferably.
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #19
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I agree - too much stress makes everything worse! But smells often cause nausea and vomiting in pregnant women as well. I can't see how that is a modern dilemma too.

I am glad I'm not travelling this weekend. I hope your trip goes smoothly!
Old 12-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #20
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, stress does make it worse. I had a good rhythm thing going on with the early morning puking and yesterday got some news that threw my stress levels out of whack. I wake up this morning and the vomiting was worse than it'd ever been in any of my pregnancies.