Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #61
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 12/20-12/25 Marchkins

The 3rd bedroom is going pretty good - wishing I had taken before/after shots as well! It's still a wreck though so I could still take one. I just have so much stuff, I'm trying to purge my whole house basically too but I think I may be trying to do too much at once. So I'm going to get rid of some stuff now and hopefully more later. We need to get rid of chest in our room to make room for our pack 'n play/bassinet too, and I think the computer is going to have to live in there for now as well, need to get stuff in there and see where to put them though. And cords/paper - dh is the worst for wanting to keep papers and neither of us know what to do with cords. I found bills from 2007 that I threw away last night. I also found 2 checks for $20 each from our credit card cash back from 2007...$40 "free" money wasted. Oh well what can you do.

DD1 got up at 7:30...dh got up with her though and let me sleep until I woke back up at 10. But now she's refusing to nap...2+ hours and she's not asleep. Supposed to be going to dh's grandparents to see his aunt + cousins and I was going to make brownies to take so I'd better get on it.

Advertisement

lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #62
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
I was going to make brownies to take so I'd better get on it.
mmmmmm, brownie batter. I would love to lick the bowl right now.

Glad you are making some progress. Our office/computer needs to live in our bedroom too, but not until we get a new desk for it so that has to wait for now. Once we set up office in our room, then we can move on to making the 3rd bedroom into ds1's room.

DH and I are going on our first date since ds1 was born tonight. We have been to two weddings and a couple work functions, but this is the first real "date". We have reservations at a restaurant that has great cheap lobster specials and I am so excited! We may even end up going to see a movie. Squee!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #63
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

for date night. I think dh and I are doing something for our anniversary next week. Other than that I think we've been on 3-4 "dates" since dd1 born.

Oh, dh also cleaned the kitchen (mostly) while I slept in.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #64
angelina_lover
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Anyone else feel like the baby is pushing his/her way out?
I have been complaining since day 1 that they have my dates wrong because I know when I got to DTD with my sweetie and they are about 4weeks off. The sono shows the baby is measuring 2-3wks ahead in growth. My belly is HUGE compared to some of the pics in the belly forum
It's making me nervous.
angelina_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #65
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

I feel like baking... hmmmm... maybe brownies or cookies?
Old 01-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #66
crunch!910
Registered Users

someone needs to make me STOP! the real problem is having too much time to look through FSOT and find good deals I just cannot pass up. I go back to work tomorrow and won't have the time anymore.

I have 9 NB AIO diapers (I wanted a decent collection for outings.. I think I've got that now!). 4 Grovia, 1 Simplex, 3 Kissaluvs, and 1 Thirsties Duo size 1.

But, I also have 24 yellow prefolds, and 12 flats that I kept from DS1. In total, that could be 45 diapers that would fit from infancy if I have another 8-10lb baby!!!

We do laundry EVERY day because we have only a mini apartment/portable washer and dryer. Having extra means I can hang dry and preserve quality of diapers more. So its safe to say I for sure have more than enough! When baby no longer fits in any NB, I still have 24 prefolds and 12 flats, leftover diapers from DS1 (8 BGOS pockets) and also bought 2 Swaddlebees Simplex Medium. I think I'm set this until this one outgrows yellow prefolds, and even after that I may not need more because we plan to EC and baby might be in daycare(disposables) during day by the time he's 15lbs+.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #67
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Bwahahaha Crunch!910... I totally understand you. We have SO MANY diapers for this baby I can't fit them all in the drawer of the changing table... so I need 2 drawers, which would be okay but there are only 3 drawers and I need to put Mason's clothes (which I am also buying too many of) somewhere!

I have 24 prefolds (Imagine green edge) and 5 covers for the newborn stage (with 3 snappis)

THEN I have almost 20 pockets for daycare... all one sizes... (of course 3 of those OS pockets are pink/purple ones that I cannot get rid of so DS might be wearing them because apparently no one wants to trade for boyish colors!)

I also have 4 lil joeys (because I wanted to try them) and I have 3 more newborn AIOs on the way incase baby is smaller than I figure (to use at daycare)

AND I'm STILL shopping
Old 01-01-2012, 12:10 PM   #68
crunch!910
Registered Users

Sadly, I'm forcing myself to stop, and the extra motivation is that I'm approximately $50 over my spending limit I allotted myself when I was first figuring out what we needed. I confessed to my husband and he knows now we don't need any more for the NB/small sizes. So, I'm done shopping and he'll hold me accountable. ...

Went to bed by about 1 am last night, slept like a LOG until 9am! Hubby was extremely sweet to let me sleep in even though DS got up at 4:30 am!!!!! He would not go back to sleep, and instead of having DS wake me up with tantrums and screaming, DH stayed up with him on the agreement he'd be quiet and not wake mommy. The man can drive me absolutely insane, but sometimes I take things like that for granted. He knew it was my last chance to sleep in before going back to work, and I think he even knows even on my week off I've been working VERY hard, much more so than him on cleaning, organizing, and even interacting with DS.

DH and I made a deal today that if nothing more than 15-20 minutes a day, we will get active again with our workout DVDs. I hope he holds me accountable, and I hope I keept his motivation. I wanted to be active this pregnancy. So I think I'm going to make that change and get any benefit I can for the next 3 months.