Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #1
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
27 week appt , figured out why im in so much pain

?27 week appt @ the midwives today. Spawnling is doing great , still very lazy heart beat at 130 dispite her crazy amount of movements. Currently sitting straight up , bum in my pelic region.

Besides that we figured out I've got a pubic symphysis split I'm pretty sure it was called. Where I'm pretty much splitting in half causing all the epic pain I've been in lol. So I'll end up getting a brace to hold my bones together. Midwife said its could also cause longer recovery time after birth ((( joy ))) .

Figured it out by her checking my belly her pushing on my pubic bone cause so much pain , and for me to feel it all the way to my back isn't normal. So now I wont feel bad about complaining ( which I've kept ) to the bare minimum. Didn't want to bug ppl with my body issues , I though I was just being a wimp lol
Didn't wanna get the " oh your just preggo it's normal " cause I new deep down this pain I've been in isn't normal .....just dealt with it in scilence

Can't wait to get a brace..... Gutta wait till jan tho for it.....with Xmas we are BROKE lol

....Now we just gutta hope it makes for an easy home water birth .....lol I can hope right ?
Cause if you think about it all the splitting I'm doing right now lol might make pushing a baby out easier lol.

Advertisement

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #2
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: 27 week appt , figured out why im in so much pain

My pelvic bone feels like it is going to split in half too. I don't complain at all, sometimes I mention my pelvis is going to bust in half,a nd most people say they never had that. Hmm..

I just took it as a good sign that things are actually loosening up and spreadign this time. With DS1 I NEVER once felt like my pelvis was spreading, and that ended in csection. So... bring on the pain if it means a VBAC!
Old 12-22-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
newwife777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[/I] It's called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction, and it's caused by your body releasing too much of the relaxin hormone.

I'm on my 3rd pg. and have had it all three times, the 2nd being the easiest. There are exercises you can do right NOW without having to wear a brace. The main one hurts for a few seconds at first, but keep going and it feels AMAZING when you're all done.

Lay on your back (not for very long, duh) and and pull your knees up, so they're bent, with your feet still flat on the floor. Place a big pillow, or a kid's plastic ball between your knees. (You can't squeeze your knees together with nothing in between.) Squeeze your knees together and hold for a few seconds, continuing to breathe. Release, then repeat, holding for longer.

Like I said, it will hurt the first few seconds, but it really helps. Also google the term, and read through what you find. Most of it is stuff from England, go figure, but it was all really helpful.

Sleeping with a pillow under your knee or between your knees helps a LOT.

Anyway, all that to say, you are not alone!!
Old 12-23-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
coastiewifeRN
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm 26 1/2 weeks, and I've had the same feeling! My PT (for carpal tunnel) looked at my hips and suggested a pregnancy belt (SI-loc). I put it on and it instantly felt like the glue that was holding my hips together. It was absolutely incredible!!! I hope you get some relief soon because girl you are not alone.
coastiewifeRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
magoose
Registered Users

mama! Sounds painful!
Old 12-24-2011, 07:24 AM   #6
newwife777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, also, you don't HAVE to wait for a brace. I used a loong piece of elastic that was designed to hold a preggo belly up, I think. I'm not sure, but I just put it around my hips when I was resting, and took it off to walk around.

Also, in addition to googling the long medical phrase, lol, try just SPD.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #7
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ive been having this terrible pain on the upper insides of my legs just to each side of my nether region lol.. it feel like pulling or stretching and it makes it difficult to walk etc feels like something is gona break anyone know what this is?
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:53 PM   #8
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatt09
Ive been having this terrible pain on the upper insides of my legs just to each side of my nether region lol.. it feel like pulling or stretching and it makes it difficult to walk etc feels like something is gona break anyone know what this is?
Hmmm

Do you get it after you sit for perlonged time? I get it bad after sitting for an hour +.

My psd is getting magorly worse.
I cant even put pants on anymore. Or bending over is about to be impossiable too.

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Some chiros know how to adjust the pubic symphysis. Mine has been adjusting mine when it's been feeling sore. It always makes me jump but after it feels like the baby settles in more. Hope it's feeling better

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote