Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-04-2013, 04:13 AM   #31
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Updated on MIL.... She is getting harder and harder to deal with.

((((Update))) :my MIL continue to be mean. My hubby told her to stop driving me away and stop holding onto grudges. My MIL responded by cussing at him and announced that he is no longer her son. She stated, " if I die tomorrow, you guys are not welcomed to my funeral!" Then she hang my hubby up on the phone.

I expect someone in her age to act a bit more mature as to:
1) Talk about the problem with the person openly.
2) no cussing. Talk politely. Especially to her children
3) forget and forgive.... Why keep building hate on someone? Why hold grudges?
4) Be more accepting to criticism
5) no hanging up on someone. So impolite!

Vent over.... Thx for reading and now let the "she says, he says" go crazy on Facebook.

Advertisement

Last edited by kittenbaby77; 05-04-2013 at 08:03 AM.
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
Belbaby3728
Banned

I didn't read everything, but I think your MIL may be related to my SIL! She waits until 2 weeks after our first child was born to start a war about what a horrible controlling person I am and that all these issues go back to our wedding...6 years back!! Wtf?! Yea huge falling out! Thankfully she removed herself from our lives. People are weird.
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #33
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belbaby3728
I didn't read everything, but I think your MIL may be related to my SIL! She waits until 2 weeks after our first child was born to start a war about what a horrible controlling person I am and that all these issues go back to our wedding...6 years back!! Wtf?! Yea huge falling out! Thankfully she removed herself from our lives. People are weird.
Thx for letting me know! Ya, I guess my MIL just started a war and its not ending nicely.....
Old 05-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #34
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wowwwww. Can you catch her on film and get rich on YouTube? That would be my next move.
Cautiously expecting #4 10/6/16
EmmaGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #35
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM
Wowwwww. Can you catch her on film and get rich on YouTube? That would be my next move.
Like record her? Lol I am sure I will get quite a bit of hits!
Old 05-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #36
Lostand
Registered Users
seller

Your MIL is crazy manipulative and controlling.

I would not sped any time with someone who talked poorly about me, or my children like that. And neither would my children. And if for some reason I did allow her near my children she would NEVER have alone time with them if she had an unstable temper like that.

Go to babycenter and look up the board "dealing with the inlaws and FOO (family of origin)"
They can give you amazing advise.

My mother and father are completely cut off from me for their actions. My son is 8 mos old and I have not talked to or seen either of them. It's been almost 2 years since Ive seen my mom and almost a year since ice seen my dad. I finally made a decision that I would not allow people in my life to treat me poorly and i especially would not let my children see me allow that kind of behavior towards me.

My MIL is not the most stable and is a little passive aggressive so we see her once every 6 weeks or so and she is not allowed alone time with or children. Hubby knows how his mom is and completely agrees.
Lostand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #37
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostand
Your MIL is crazy manipulative and controlling.

I would not sped any time with someone who talked poorly about me, or my children like that. And neither would my children. And if for some reason I did allow her near my children she would NEVER have alone time with them if she had an unstable temper like that.

Go to babycenter and look up the board "dealing with the inlaws and FOO (family of origin)"
They can give you amazing advise.

My mother and father are completely cut off from me for their actions. My son is 8 mos old and I have not talked to or seen either of them. It's been almost 2 years since Ive seen my mom and almost a year since ice seen my dad. I finally made a decision that I would not allow people in my life to treat me poorly and i especially would not let my children see me allow that kind of behavior towards me.

My MIL is not the most stable and is a little passive aggressive so we see her once every 6 weeks or so and she is not allowed alone time with or children. Hubby knows how his mom is and completely agrees.
Thx for the website suggestion! Will certainly check it out! Ya, I really am not comfortable leaving my kid with her alone even though she does daycare at her place.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #38
FL Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: MIL vent!!!!!

So sorry you are having to deal with that. I wouldn't apologize either.
FL Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #39
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

So sorry, OP, family can make you crazy!! I have to say, I had a true LOL about her saying you're not welcome at her funeral, though. Haha, let the haunting begin! That's a new twist on talking her toys and storming off home haha, that cracked me up!
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #40
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
She's just trying to be dramatic in hopes you'll cave. Consider it a blessing. Don't enable her, nor should your husband. She'll either wise up and apologize, or you won't have a nut to deal with. Win/win.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

Last edited by Hillargh; 05-05-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote