Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:23 AM   #41
Chey
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Surrogacy nightmare

I don't know what happened to the babies, I remember reading about this when it was first happening.

However the couple has given up their fight for the babies. As of November 13, 2009.

http://www.bringtheirbabieshome.com/2009/11/decision/

The "Donate" button that was once on the site has been removed as well. I'm sure there is no worry of being scammed for those of you who's first instinct is to think scam, becuase they are no longer taking donations.

FTR, I never thought it was a scam, just an incredibly sad situation.

Advertisement

Last edited by Chey; 01-13-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:25 AM   #42
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

Yep. She took them and decided to keep them and changed their names.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Parenting/...9536107&page=1

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...rrogacy13.html

There are *HUGE* chunks missing out of both articles, but it's basically saying she decided to keep them. I don't understand why it wasn't in the article that she gave them to another family -after taking them from her parents- before deciding to raise them herself.
wlillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #43
DocsNemesis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, thats just crazy. So she hurt the IP's and these other people who thought they'd get to adopt? Jeeze.

I was a gestational surrogate almost 6 years ago and while I could understand if she found something really serious in their past-serious child abuse (I say serious because I've had years of CPS cases against myself because my eldest has mental health issues and while every case has been closed without issue, its still there and still means I have child abuse allegations, which is very embarrassing to admit), sexual abuse, murder, things like that-being concerned and not wanting them to go there, I wouldn't keep them either.

Luckily I love my surro daughters parents (we met for the surrogacy but myself and her mom became best friends before we even started IVF) and I hope to give their little girl a sister some day

I really can't imagine handing over my surro baby to his/her mom and/or dad and seeing that look on their face, and then turning around and taking that child back. Oh my, no, I could never ever. Now, getting in some baby cuddles, that I loved! It was like any other friends baby though-I cuddled her, got my baby fix, and then got to go home and get a full night of sleep. Hehe.

www.Hyenacart.com/Naked for dyed tee's, flats, yarn, and soon, bamboo prefolds! Stocking 7/20!
DocsNemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:21 AM   #44
DaynaR
Registered Users
seller

This was actually on Dr. Phil the other day.

The lady who kept the babies pissed me off. SHe was pretty damn adament she's never going to giv those babies back no matter what the otehr couple does in regards to treatments and evaluations, etc. Because 'those babies are part of her family now and everyone has bonded with them'

Ugh!
DaynaR is offline   Reply With Quote