Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #31
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: hoping to have a natural birth...what materials should I look into?

I second the tens unit. I loved it. I bought a $30 one on overstock.com and some electrodes from amazon.com. I took hypnobabies and unfortunately it didn't work that well for me but for some people it works really well.

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #32
Barbmh
Registered Users

I took Bradley classes and love love loved them! Also Ina May's book is awesome.
Barbmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #33
Pumpkinnoodlemama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, definitely get a doula! Mine helped me SO much.

For books, I loved "Birthing From Within." It was super informative and helped me prepare mentally and emotionally for labor. The authors are Pam England and Rob Horowitz.

Good luck, mama! It's hard work, and you can do it! Your body is made to give birth.
Pumpkinnoodlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:39 AM   #34
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.e.peltz View Post
Do you have the option of using a TENs unit? My midwife had one for me to use (I had my first baby at home and am planning a homebirth for my second - I'm 31 weeks), and it really helped me deal with the contractions. I plan on using it again for this next labor. If your doctor or midwife doesn't have one for you to use, you might be able to rent. The one I used was called the Elle Tens Machine.
is that kinda like what the chiro uses? felt like a million ants all over my back lol
Old 02-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #35
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

well i had a friend tell me to deny u r in labor for as long as you can... yes there is a point of not getting drugs/ going back... so dont let someone tell you that u can have epi any time. my ob finished dialati8ng my last 3 cm manually & as long as no back labor you should be good. i had an awesome nurse as my mom was watching our 21 month & couldnt be there saying u can do it as well as my ob.. although my ob saw me a bit mad & all...no swear words though... no time between pushing & alll... maybe next time i could try to sneak those words in....just keep telling urself u cfan do it like the engine that could. women have been having babies for a long time without drugs so i figured maybe i could too & i did & it was my biggest baby yet at 9lbs. im 5 '1 by the way....dont forget to breathe.lamaze never told me about back labor which is excrutiating... so dont believe lamaze when they say contractions travel around ur belly... mine were i like cramps both of the last 2 times and in small of my back in a bigger area its bearable but once in my spine i need help like in back labor.

not that i think i want to do home birth as my hubby would need to learn a bit more on how t9o help our ob said....

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 02-27-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: adding
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote