Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2017, 08:45 AM   #21
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: What is the one thing that drives you crazy as a mom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
The noise just for the sake of noise. I enjoy quiet, which rarely happens, but at least if you are going to make noise I want it to make sense.

My favorite is giggles. I love giggles.
I don't know how many times I force the kids outside just so I have some quite and now with sleeping babies I notice the noise even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Well you know that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. She is one tough awesome lady.
I don't know if it makes you stronger or just plain insane. LOL.

[QUOTE=tallanvor;17779352]What's crazy is my house was cleaner when my kids were little than it is now that they are older.

Please don't tell me that, I am so looking forward for the little ones to be old enough so that I can reclaim my living room.

Advertisement

Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #22
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I'm with the "it's constant" crowd. I'm trying now to find sometime to do what I want to do, read a book, do a puzzle, crochet, etc. Even in the evenings I feel like I should be organizing pictures (I'm so far behind DD is almost 4 and no babybook yet) or shopping on ebay for clothes, or search/preparing something for them. Sigh
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 11:45 AM   #23
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Yeah I'm with the "it's constant" crowd. I'm trying now to find sometime to do what I want to do, read a book, do a puzzle, crochet, etc. Even in the evenings I feel like I should be organizing pictures (I'm so far behind DD is almost 4 and no babybook yet) or shopping on ebay for clothes, or search/preparing something for them. Sigh
This does really bother me. I know it's really selfish of me, but sometimes I feel like I'm not a real person anymore. Like I can't have my own hobbies, interests, or life anymore. Everything is for the kiddos. Heck, I'm ashamed to say it but KIDS are an obsessive hobby for me right now. I'm obsessed with wool lately - upcycling, knitting, reading up on...even though I've never used it yet. And shoes for DS Even my library books are on parenting right now. I feel bad when DH comes home and all we have to talk about is kiddo.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:03 PM   #24
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mother out the blue asked me if I still love to read as much. Honestly, it made me sad because I used to curl up with a book and get immersed. I can't even poop in peace now.

So yes it wears but sometimes there's an interaction that reminds me why I chose this.

This week it was my son's taking my hands to walk down the road and the way they looked up at me and smiled. Times like that I feel bad for my complaints (justified that they are.)