Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2017, 01:35 PM   #11
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How old for solo bathing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRXB View Post
I tend to ignore "experts" like that and just do what feels right for our family. For example, ALL our kids shared a bedroom until a year and a half ago, when my oldest was almost 11. 2 boys, 3 girls. But there are those who say opposite genders shouldn't share a bedroom past 8, and I'm sure there are those who would even say earlier. I can see that being applicable in certain circumstances, but it worked out how we did it for our family anyway.
I tend to ignore stuff too. But it does make me curious what's normal for others.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 01:38 PM   #12
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

It is interesting how different everyone is!
Old 08-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #13
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRXB View Post
I tend to ignore "experts" like that and just do what feels right for our family. For example, ALL our kids shared a bedroom until a year and a half ago, when my oldest was almost 11. 2 boys, 3 girls. But there are those who say opposite genders shouldn't share a bedroom past 8, and I'm sure there are those who would even say earlier. I can see that being applicable in certain circumstances, but it worked out how we did it for our family anyway.
We had some guests staying over this spring who had 7 kids. We really don't know the family well but we're glad to have them stay over. We put a pack and play and a floor bed in the guest room (room for parents and at least 3 kids), and 2 floor beds in another room. Then, right before they came someone told me by the time you get to 7 kids you don't really want them all sleeping together. I was like ummmm what? It never occurred to me that could be a problem, and I actually didn't know how many kids were boys/girls, and plus, we don't actually have room in our house for a family of 9 to spread out well. I was a little panicked, but my mom said not to worry about it, and in the end the family was super nice and acted like everything was fine. It just never even occurred to me. When I was little, I'd sleep with my brothers sometimes when my parents were gone until after bedtime or whatever.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:10 PM   #14
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Honestly, I don't have exact figures because it kind of happened naturally.

--Wash without assistance

As soon as they get bashful about nudity.

--Be left in the tub alone without you having a panic attack.

With the youngest two we aren't there yet 7/5. They are wild.

The oldest it was about 5?

--Care for their hair--brush, style, etc on their own

I'll let you know when it happens.

--Wipe their own heiney

We aim for as soon as possible after potty training but some get the hang of it sooner than later. Some much later.

--Run their own bath/shower water
7?
Old 08-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #15
Helini
Registered Users
seller

My oldest is turning two soon. Reading these helped me get an idea of what skills to be working on and what ones to not have high expectations. I've only bathed my girl maybe twice since her dad took this on as one of his responsibilities and I like the break. We might start potty training soon.
Helini is offline   Reply With Quote