Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-07-2017, 11:41 AM   #11
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Re: New bumgenius diapers

Shipping isn't free, or even very cheap. I put a 6-pack in my cart just to see, and shipping was over $10. Not saying I blame them, but the other cotton babies website has all free shipping on every order.

ETA: shipping for a single diaper is $3.05 which is a standard rate. But, it makes the total for one diaper $11.60 and 4.0s are on sale right now for $13 something and free shipping. It's a better deal if you're interested in many diapers though.

Advertisement

Last edited by Elchorrito; 11-07-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #12
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Shipping isn't free, or even very cheap. I put a 6-pack in my cart just to see, and shipping was over $10. Not saying I blame them, but the other cotton babies website has all free shipping on every order.

ETA: shipping for a single diaper is $3.05 which is a standard rate. But, it makes the total for one diaper $11.60 and 4.0s are on sale right now for $13 something and free shipping. It's a better deal if you're interested in many diapers though.

That does play into the price quite a bit! It makes it seem it's too good to be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2017, 12:49 PM   #13
gheera47
Registered Users

I was interested until I saw the shipping cost.
gheera47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:08 PM   #14
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

I can see a picture of the inserts today.

I.DO.NOT.LIKE.POCKETS, yet I was tempted to try them! Thanks, shipping, for voiding my temptation!

Old 11-07-2017, 01:50 PM   #15
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
I can see a picture of the inserts today.

I.DO.NOT.LIKE.POCKETS, yet I was tempted to try them! Thanks, shipping, for voiding my temptation!

Same here It's weird to me that that's the only thing cotton babies has that doesn't have free shipping. Seems like a marketing gimmick for a cheap diaper....but not really that cheap.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:55 PM   #16
gheera47
Registered Users

I sent them an email telling them I was interested until I saw the shipping cost. I was very nice and asked that they revise that in order to offer a truly budget friendly diaper.

Maybe everyone should send an email!?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:05 PM   #17
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Unfortunately, shipping is expensive, whether we're paying it or they're paying it. So...in general I don't mind paying shipping, but obviously the cost of shipping has been built into their other products. They should just bring those costs down and then have us pay shipping for everything

Or we could wait and see if Elemental Joy are sold on Amazon and get free shipping there. I bet they'll be at Nicki's etc.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #18
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Unfortunately, shipping is expensive, whether we're paying it or they're paying it. So...in general I don't mind paying shipping, but obviously the cost of shipping has been built into their other products. They should just bring those costs down and then have us pay shipping for everything

Or we could wait and see if Elemental Joy are sold on Amazon and get free shipping there. I bet they'll be at Nicki's etc.
Yes the shipping cost is built into their products, but they have free shipping across their whole website. Granted most of it is pricey, but some isn't that bad and you don't have to pay shipping for it.

I googled and there are other diaper websites that have them listed, I know I saw nickis. So I bet you can get them somewhere with free shipping soon.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 03:16 PM   #19
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Same here It's weird to me that that's the only thing cotton babies has that doesn't have free shipping. Seems like a marketing gimmick for a cheap diaper....but not really that cheap.

Lol!!!

Maybe I'm off put, because I remember old threads of how the owner was handling some customers and China cheepy knock offs of their Lovelace print.

Once I bought an econobum diaper from GMD and it had a deformed snap. I first contacted GMD, and they redirected me to cotton babies. Instead of, oh, I'm sorry a diaper slipped our quality check, we'll send you a new one. I got, after sending pics, and verifying the purchase, we'll do you a favor and send you a replacement this one time. Maybe they deal with a lot of scammers. but, of all diapers, I've liked flips so it didn't completely turn me running in the opposite direction.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:05 PM   #20
gheera47
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
Once I bought an econobum diaper from GMD and it had a deformed snap. I first contacted GMD, and they redirected me to cotton babies. Instead of, oh, I'm sorry a diaper slipped our quality check, we'll send you a new one. I got, after sending pics, and verifying the purchase, we'll do you a favor and send you a replacement this one time. Maybe they deal with a lot of scammers. but, of all diapers, I've liked flips so it didn't completely turn me running in the opposite direction.

I had 4 EconoBum covers and each one lost a snap within​ a month. I called and they wanted me to send them back, which wouldn't have been that bad except I didn't have internet in my home. I didn't have an easy way to get the shipping label they wanted me to print. So I just let it go and used them with one missing snaps.

I called Cotton Babies today and asked if the Elemental Joy were better quality than Econobum, they said yes, but we'll see. I thought Econobum was too expensive for the poor quality covers.