Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #1
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Night time diapering---Motherease diapers

I'm trying to figure out a night time diaper.

I went to the motherease website, and looked at stuff.....and felt kind of lost. Those of you who use those diapers, could you point me in the right direction? What works for night time? I've got three little ones that I need them for. Would the bedwetter diaper work for a 35-40lb 4 going on 5yo? The other two are about 30lbs, and 17lbs. I also need to use the natural fiber diapers, so I can't use the stay dry, etc. ones.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

Re: Night time diapering---Motherease diapers

I’m not sure about your 4 year old but what works for us at night with our 30lb and 22lb is a Sandies fitted with thirsties hemp doubler and a bamboo doubler with an airflow cover. They’ve been great for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brinae89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There bedwetters are known to run a little small.. what do you mean should they work? You mean will they hold enough pee? you'd really just have to try one and see but they do have a lot of layers so its likely. You could also add a doubler to them pretty easily I think. They are meant for that age.

DS had one around 4 years old, it worked fine. We didn't use it much because it was too hard for him to tell the front from the back so he couldn't get dressed for bed by himself and that was frustrating. Don't recall having any leak issues.

We mostly used the super undies MF with a hemp doubler the size 4-7y.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! 2T Nght Fitted Trainer, XL Wool Soaker, Baby Wearing

Last edited by Pixi6s; 10-19-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:08 PM   #4
Blessedmama777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
There bedwetters are known to run a little small.. what do you mean should they work? You mean will they hold enough pee? you'd really just have to try one and see but they do have a lot of layers so its likely. You could also add a doubler to them pretty easily I think. They are meant for that age.

DS had one around 4 years old, it worked fine. We didn't use it much because it was too hard for him to tell the front from the back so he couldn't get dressed for bed my himself and that was frustrating. Don't recall having any leak issues.

We mostly used the super undies MF with a hemp doubler the size 4-7y.
I was kind of wondering how well they fit, but answered my question! Thanks!

I think I figured out what I want to get.
Follower of Jesus Christ, blessed and cherished wife to the most wonderful man, and happy, stay-at-home mama to our precious Christmas gifts L (2012) and J (2014) and P (2017) our springtime blessing!
Blessedmama777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:54 AM   #5
CharmedMama
Registered Users
Formerly: a*b*ss
seller
seller

I am not sure if you have already found what you needed, but I recently switched to ME for all three of my youngest children at night. These are the stats of each child and what we use:

DS2 - 8 months, 23 pounds
I used a large Sandys fitted with a stay dry insert in the diaper. I then lay a hemp doubler under the diaper and cover with a Super Large Imse Vimse cover. He is still nursing multiple times at night and this has worked perfectly. He previously was leaking through disposables and all other cloth options I tried.

DD4 - 2 years, 38 pounds
I use a Toddle-Ease fitted with a stay dry insert inside diaper. I use a super large Imse Vimse cover over it.

DD3 - 4 years, 40 pounds
I am using a size small bedwetter pants for her.

All of these solutions work perfectly for them. Also, a note on covers... I can't use the AirFlow on my DS2 and DD4. They are large for their age and it cuts into their chubby legs. Other than that, the AirFlow would be great.