Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2016, 08:11 PM   #231
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: September 2016: August Chat

I never had any issues with the other two so I think I might have been a little too confident. With all of the doctors appointments and every day things though I don't think weve had the relaxing time I had in the beginning with my first two. I'm hoping all of the extra pumping after breastfeeding will help increase my supply so that I can get him off the supplement. And everything I'm getting by pumping he's getting bottle fed.

Advertisement

andunc02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:23 AM   #232
Sugar&SpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

How's it going now? Any better? Hopefully the weight is coming on.
Sugar&SpiceX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #233
Sugar&SpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

AFM, Owen is doing well. Getting big already. We are on fall break this week. We took the kids to the pumpkin patch but really couldn't do too much. I can't believe he's almost a month old already! We use disposables until they fit in one size so I need to compete the stash soon. Our 2yo is still in cloth but they are mostly girl patterns. I'm sure he'll end up wearing some anyway lol.

Just a little vent here. So we didn't circumcise. Not getting into a debate about it here but I had posted a while back on how to deal with the disagreement I would face. I just knew it would come up. I'm not confrontational at all. As if it's any of their business. So I go to drop our 2 yo at the nursery on Sunday and the nursery director had a waiver there to sign for permission to change diapers. I think it's overkill to begin with but whatever. So I just use this time to say that he is intact and that I do want to make sure that when the time comes that those caring for him know not too retract or mess with it at all really. 3 people in there with us. One said, "You didn't do it?!?" I said no we didn't and every healthcare professional we talked to said it wasn't medically necessary. She is a NP. She immediately jumps on me and says well that's not true. The other jumps in as well. She worked in the er and says she saw many come in with problems. Which I might expect in the er?!?! Healthy people don't normally frequent the er. The other one is spouting off about how her brother had to be circumcised in his 30s. And? My brother hasn't? My husband hasn't? What does it even matter? I just finally had to end the conversation by saying that I know how to care for him properly and that I wasn't going to argue about it anymore. This is a very small church mind you and now she is majorly mad apparently that I didn't "fix" OUR sons penis. It is terribly awkward. I'm not sure if her husband told her it is NOHB and that had made her even more mad. She is avoiding me like the plague which is quite hard to do in a small church. I think if it comes up again, which sadly it probably will, I will just say if they would like discuss it, talk to my DH.
Sugar&SpiceX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 12:13 PM   #234
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar&SpiceX3 View Post
How's it going now? Any better? Hopefully the weight is coming on.
He is doing much better. Weight check yesterday had him at 7 lbs 15oz. That still puts him a pound under his birth weight but that was a gain of 8 oz in 3 days. I'm hoping that he'll continue at this rate at least for a little while. It's going to be a busy next few days with a weight check on saturday, Monday is my postpartum check up and an appointment with the urologist, and on Tuesday another weight check. DH has drill the next two weekends also so it doesn't look like mommy will get a break until november.

But on a really happy note Wyatt is beginning to smile and coo!

How is everybodys LO doing?
Old 10-14-2016, 12:19 PM   #235
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

Ugg people need to just mind their own business. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:27 PM   #236
andunc02
Registered Users

My Mood:

We have been using cloth since Wyatt was 5 days old. I still use disposables from time to time but I'm highly enjoying our prefolds with Thirsties Xsmall covers. The duo ones fit but are somewhat bulky now since his weight loss.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #237
HRM's MOM
Registered Users

My Mood:

Is there a new chat area for our group I'd love to catch​ up with all of you now that life has finally settled down a bit
HRM's MOM is offline   Reply With Quote