Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:48 PM   #11
peacebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NEED YOUR WEBSITE ASAP!..Please ;)

We are in Texas, and I am "semi-crunchy"...I wear the baby, cloth diaper, and I am an independent thinker. We dearly want to adopt a second child; after ten and a half years of marriage we are just amazed at the changes our Sweet Baby James has brought to our lives! I'm so grateful to have him and we dearly want him to have a sibling.

We are good people. I tool around with James in my little Mini and refuse to get a minivan. Two children fit just fine in a Mini and I don't mind a little maneuvering getting in and out of the back seat!

We have three small dogs, Australian terriers, very fun. We are unable to have children due to my hysterectomy. Makes it fun when people say crazy stuff like "now that you've adopted, you'll get pregnant!" Ummmm...no.

We have no preferences as to race and are very open to most situations. Our adoption with James happens to be mostly closed...we never met his birthmother but we do know who she is. But we are fine with an open adoption as well.

I think this young woman is amazing considering adoption for her child. We would be happy to speak with her further.

We are not a non-religious family. We go to the Episcopal church. I am a Libertarian and very open minded. I am willing to give any other information this young lady desires.

Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #12
peacebug
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our blog: Our family.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
Baltic Creations
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i think in the future i will adopt. i have 3 boys now and desperately want a lil girl but pregnancy does a number on my body. i think she is doing a great thing by exploring options and seeing what people are like but of course needs to be able to really get to know whoever she places her baby and make sure he or she is with is an amazing loving deserving family
Old 12-24-2009, 04:33 PM   #14
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello!

What a wonderful choice this young woman is making. I too, placed a child for adoption when I was younger (17) and I know what an overwhelming task it is to choose a family.

We may not be what you're looking for, as we do not struggle to conceive. I understand that many families need a child more than we do. Lately my heart has been on adoption/fostering/helping pregnant teens, but for reasons I'd be happy to discuss in PM I doubt we would be able to go through an agency. We would also love another child but I have difficult pregnancies and we are fairly certain we don't want to have another biological child for that reason.

Anyway, we are semi crunchy. I cook organic meals from scratch, do not vaccinate, co-sleep (they usually transition to own bed by 2 or so and then are moved to their own room a few months later), homeschool, use natural vitamins/medications (unless a dr. is really necessary, but thankfully the kids have been really healthy), use wooden toys for babies etc. However, we do watch TV (no cable though), have a Wii, occasionally eat junk food and use some plastic.

We are young and healthy (I am 28, dh is 27) with no family history of illness. We also live in Texas so we could drive to meet her easily.

We have a lovely home that we just bought, on 2 acres of land. It's a very safe area with lots of kids and great friends/neighbors! We have an extended family within 1-2 hours drive of us and we visit often and talk almost daily.

There is much much more I could go on about but those are just the basics I feel comfortable posting on a message board. We of course would be willing to talk with her about her preferences and can make modifications on the things listed above per her specifications. Closed or open adoption etc...whatever she prefers.

Good luck to her. There are some great mamas on this board!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #15
belladona
Registered Users

website and waiting couple

Hello,
We are John and belladona,
We are awaiting our adopted child and wondering when that will happen. I happened across this website and this particular thread as I'm inducing lactation for this upcoming child. It's a serious committment, I tell ya! This breastfeeding thing.
I want to write a "stand up schtick" about it, it's so painfully comical sometimes. That will have to wait for another post however.
Anyway, I sent a private message already to the original poster. We live in Portland, OR where there's lots of "crunchy" and lots of non religious going on everywhere. And nature and parks, and cool shops, etc.
We are approved through Open Family And child Services, which mostly works in the Pacific Northwest and is an open adoption agency, our preference. This is to help take that extra grief and wonder out of our child's life, so they can be free to feel loved from all of their parents/relatives, whether they were birthed by them or parented by them.
I'd be happy to have my profile sent to you, or you could probably request it yourself. There are many really cool couples at our agency just awaiting their special child to come into their lives. The agency has a website of course.
openadopt.org
Thanks for considering adoption. It sounds corny, but it's because of women who look for the best options for their children that allow couples like us to do the one thing they'd love to do: Parent!
belladona and John
belladona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:44 PM   #16
Tia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband and I are in the process of becoming foster care parents in Maine, accepting infants only. We don't have a website but have plenty of family pictures I could send if interested.

I have had 5 m/c. We have one daughter who is almost 25 months old and asks for a brother or sister every single day. I wish I could give that to her.

We have no idea what adoption entails, but are willing to do anything to expand our family.

We bought a house a year and a half ago, my DH works for the government and is also in the military part time.

I breastfed my daughter for 22 months, cloth diaper, baby wear (and toddler wear) and am a stay at home mom, currently going to school part time.
and born at home Alaina Jean 8.21.2010 7lbs11oz, 20"
Surro twins- 1.6.2013- 37 weeks, born vaginally
5lb11oz and 4lb8oz
Tia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
alianora
Registered Users
seller

Hello! We would love to adopt a baby! We've had two close brushes - including one with my best friend's sister, who ultimately decided that she wanted someone who she did not know to adopt her twins.

We are a non-religious family, basically. Brandon identifies as Buddhist, but I abstain from religion, and we are raising our 2 and a half year old to respect religious choices, and when he is old enough, he can choose for himself.

We live in North Carolina, and are semi-crunchy. We cloth diaper, baby wear, and co sleep, but we also fully believe in the joy of the occasional store bought cookie. We have 3 cats, and an extra bedroom.

We haven't started looking for an agency yet, as I am physically capable of having another baby, and we would love to have more children, both biologically and adoptive. We plan to start pursuing our fostering license at some point next year.

We are both teachers -Brandon teaches 3rd grade, and I teach Preschoolers with Autism. I have a blog, but it is a personal blog, and not a family blog. However, feel free to look...http://www.silverspiral.net
alianora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:13 AM   #18
bug2003
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have a website, but we are religious, so I won't give you the link unless you request it since the expectant mom doesn't want to place in a family that's religious.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #19
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

Thanks to all of you...I know she has been keeping an eye on this post! I wish all of you the best of luck in your adoption journey! I will be checking in with her today to see where she is at with wanting to talk to families and or if she has found one!

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
galesville1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #20
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

She is talking with a few families right now..but is still open to talking with others..so please keep posting websites/info...thanks!

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
galesville1980 is offline   Reply With Quote