Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lightbulb Coop spreadsheets?

I was just wondering if it would be possible somehow for people running coops to attach some sort of spreadsheet that would allow people to just place an order right on there? That way, counts, totals, etc could be done a lot faster. Just a thought... I always feel so bad that people who run them have to work so hard, though they do a kick-a$$ job at it!!

Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: Coop spreadsheets?

I think that would be at the discretion of whoever was hosting it.
Dont feel bad, they are hosting it because they want to - not because people are making them (I know that isnt what you said) - but trust me coops are a lot of work but generally at the same time it's fun to do (unless its PediPed coop )
So dont feel bad!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
mikkismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, so it is possible to do it and they just choose not to?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #4
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkismama View Post
Oh, so it is possible to do it and they just choose not to?
I have no idea. With the coops I ran - no one ever asked. Usually though the host puts your order in a post like with the Just Tomatoes coop - Karen (the host) has put everyones order in 1 post and that way you know she has your order right. I dont think sharing the speadsheet has ever really been thought about.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:33 PM   #5
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

Well, no. I have tried copy pasting spreadsheets into a post and it won't work because they aren't compatible.

AND I've tried saving a word doc and attaching it to the post but every time you you want to add to it you open it and add, then have to save it to YOUR computer and then attach it back to the post again. You wouldn't have access to my post to attach it so it wouldn't work.

AND with co-ops like Pure wool have 134 COLORS therefore you cannot do a spreadsheet w/o using 18 sheets/pages as you can only fit so many colums on one page, kwim?

I went to school to be an admin assistant and worked as one for 5 years plus and I have loads of experience and let me tell ya, it's just not possible.

You would need a database like what Yahoo Groups have to be able to do it. That would allow each person the ablility to add to it. We do not have that capability here. So, no. Nothing we can do! LOL

I can say that with a fabric co-op or one with only a handful of choices *(like preg strips etc)* I can keep a spreadsheet but again, no way of posting it so you all can add to it.

Sorry! Hope that explains it all for you all who wonder about this! Trust me, I've thought of everything to make my job easier and for some co-ops, good old paper and pencil are the best option! LOL

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote