Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #1
mommyoftwoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Normal or not

OK first, I do have an appt, I just made thats in an hour in half, I'm just really nervous of course about going, because I know its more possible not to get the heartbeat. I've been super crampy, she said it was normal to get those starting earlier in the pregnancy the more pregnancies you've had. But I'm nearly 6 weeks along, and I know this early, I didnt know till I was pretty much 2 months to 2 in half months along with my other two. Also, EVERYTHING is different, I'm not sick, I've got my bouts of energy now. Which is super weird for me, cause I didnt have that with my other till the end, not to mention I was mega sick from the moment I woke up, to the minute I finally fell asleep. Plus, the tender breasts, I don't have. I dont remember if I had it with my other two. It just seems like I'm not pregnant or something. So whats normal, is this normal at all? Is it possible I'll hear the heartbeat to confirm ?

Advertisement

Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM   #2
piccolo41099
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Normal or not

Good luck.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
babyholic
Registered Users

Every pregnancy is different.
It would be rare for them to be able to catch the HB at this point. (They had a hard time finding this one at my 20 week appt.)
There should be reassurances from the appt for you, though.
(((hugs)))
Old 04-18-2008, 10:15 AM   #4
mythreemonkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck to you mama! I will just say that all 3 of my pregnancies were different, but the third was TOTALLY different than the other two. The first 2 were girls, the 3rd was a boy. I didn't have tender breasts until later, I had the crampy feeling much sooner, and was nauseated most of the day. I had none of that with the other two. I was like you, I found out about #3 at about 4.5 weeks, after a m/c 8-9 weeks earlier. I didn't know about the other two until I was 8-9 weeks along. Every pregnancy is different, some more than others. I hope everything turns out to be okay, give us an update after your appt.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #5
adensmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

First of all....hugs! I can tell you're very nervous.

I would agree that every pregnancy is different. I'm on my fourth now and was very nervous bc I didn't seem to have many symptoms at first. I'm now 8 weeks, and the morning sickness (mild) and fatigue (major) have finally set in and I'm feeling more comfortable about the pg now. Although the boobs still aren't very sore.

I have to disagree with a pp about the heartbeat, though. If they check with an ultrasound they should be able to view the hearbeat now. With my first I had a lot of trouble with spotting during the first trimester. I went for an early u/s at around 6 weeks and got to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound. They won't find it with a stethescope or doppler yet, but they should be able to see it on u/s (at least in most cases).
Old 04-18-2008, 11:55 AM   #6
mommyoftwoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm back from my appt, Thanks for the encouragement.

She said they could do blood work that would I guess kind of confirm that the baby is doing ok, Something about taking blood work today and then taking it on monday and comparing it, if the levels went up, then everything is ok?

I decided to not to do it, because honestly, I wouldn't think the levels going up would really calm my nerves. She did tell me that the reason for the cramping was because of the way I was picking up my son, apparently I need to stop leaning over and picking him up. She seemed pretty confident that everything was fine, and that there's a baby in there.

I have no idea why I'm so freaked out about it, except for like I had said before, everything is completely different. The 14th of next month I have my Ultrasound, that day can't come fast enough for me, not because I wanna know what I'm having, cause I know I won't know then, but just so I can really know for sure, there's a baby in there, and maybe my nerves can calm down and enjoy the fact that I'm not puking every ten minutes.

Thank you again mamas!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #7
mommymilk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Glad to hear that the appointment went okay anyway. I am on my third, and let me tell you, in the beginning I thought I was going to have a MC. I had a lot of spotting, and terrible cramping, along with cervical pressure. 29 weeks, going on 30, and SHE is completely fine. I have two boys too...my pregnancies in the beginning with them were much like yours is this time around...with this baby girl though, hyper emesis, super tired, major heartburn, you name it.

Good luck! Sticky bean vibes coming your way, although I think your bean is just fine!
mommymilk is offline   Reply With Quote