Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2008, 04:04 AM   #11
EricaLynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Being induced Fri but need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
Hope all goes well for you and you have a great birth!

Not to worry you but did the doctor mention they can be off on the weights?

My chiropractors soon to be wife was induced this last weekend due to GD and what they said was a HUGE baby. It's a tiny baby that ended up being a CS due to failure to progress. Like I said I don't want to worry you but there are worse things than having an 8-9 pound baby Really be sure this is something you are 100% comfortable doing and that you aren't being talked into by doctors I'm kinda wondering why they are wanting to induce you at what is so close to your due date anyway? Seems that you might go into labor on your own just a few days after they are planning the induction and this poses less of a risk to you and baby and the baby won't have gained a whole lot more weight in that small time-frame? Does that make sense at all?
This is what I was thinking, since you are so close why are they inducing you at all
Seriously, if it aint broke, dont fix it

Sending easy labor vibes your way though!

Advertisement

EricaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:19 AM   #12
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. The whole reason is because my first u/s at 22 wks said that I was measuring a week off. So they had the due date as April 26th, well I am measuring now as my due date being April 21st(which is if I had regular cycles it would be anyway). And when I went in a couple wks ago to see how big she was, she was measuring as my due date being the 21st. I was measuring April 26th as the due date up until I started doing the insulin. Which makes them worry because we were TTC and April 26th was the due date I came up with going by my charts. So right now she is measuring ahead if that makes sense, which is why they want to induce me.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:58 AM   #13
road2healthy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good luck mama! Have they given you your bishop's score? That will help you determine if you are ready.. if you aren't, ANY induction could take awhile.. I haven't had GD but have had two induced babies.. you are both in my thoughts and prayers! keep us posted!

Pagan Mama of 3 boys:Tyler age 13, Tomas age 6 & my hypnobaby: Caden born May 19.
road2healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #14
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have to ask what is the bishop's score?
Old 04-16-2008, 02:53 PM   #15
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

The bishop's score is a marker of how likely your body is to take to induction. If you are not ripe at all, you're far more likely to end up with an unnecessary c-section if you go forth w/ induction.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:47 PM   #16
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I gotcha! They wont be checking me until Fri am. There were going to Tues but the dr wasnt there, I saw only the nurse.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #17
IttyBittyOrganics
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had cervadill too when I was induced with DD..

I was only 1cm and ended up having to get a C-Section after 12 hours of labor I was progressing but not as fast as they wished and they had already broken my water like eight hours prior!!

Last edited by IttyBittyOrganics; 04-16-2008 at 05:52 PM.
IttyBittyOrganics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:25 PM   #18
Fawn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just and FYI, U/S's are notoriously bad at predicting a baby's birth weight. And what's wrong with having an 8-9 # baby anyways? Drs will say you can't birth a big baby, blah, blah, blah, it's BS, your body will produce a baby that you can deliver. It is honestly rare that a woman can't deliver a baby due to size, I mean think about it, women have been delivering babies for thousands of years successfully without ultrasounds to tell us a baby was too big to be born. Very frustrating........

Like the PP's said, if your body is not ready, some Cervadil on the cervix will not make it ready. It will lead to one intervention after another because OMG, your not progressing, and then the c-section will be thrown out etc etc. I don't want to freak you out, but so many woman don't know their options and are so passive when it comes to birth. Just remember, you're the mom and you know what is best better than any doctor does, you have your intuition. Unless there is imminent danger to you or the baby, I'd wait until you go into labor naturally.

Good luck mama
Fawn is offline   Reply With Quote