Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #21
mama2logan&evan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ultrasounds? when do you get them?

My clinic does them only at 20 weeks unless there is a problem. I had several with my older son because I had preeclampsia among other issues. I had 2 or 3 with younger son because my fluid level was a little off so they wanted to somewhat monitor it. I go to my first appointment with a doctor on Friday and I'm going to request one to date the pregnancy. I have always had irregular cycles so it's hard to to get an EDD just by my LMP. My first was a preemie because of this and I don't want that happening again.

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2008, 03:43 PM   #22
Delilah's Mama
Baby Badunkadunk
seller

My Mood:

I only had a 20w. That's all my insurance pays for unless there you are high risk.

My midwives don't even do them as standard practice unless you ask for a referral.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #23
Chickie.xOx
Registered Users

My Mood:

Most only do them at 18-20weeks unless needed otherwise.

I am high risk & have had several.

I have had :
9weeks - Check dates
13weeks - Birth defects
18weeks - BIG scan
22weeks - Fetal eco-cardiogram
25weeks -3D I paid for

To come :
26weeks - growth check
30weeks - growth & placenta check
32weeks - another 3D

Loving : Wife & Mommy to 2 Princesses Aug 06' & July 08'
2Angels in Heaven
Chickie.xOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:25 PM   #24
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

with dd- i had one to date how far i was because my period was wacky and then at 22 weeks i had the gender determination one.

with ds i had 3- one to confirm the pregnancy- couldnt for the life of me get a bfp on blood tests or pee sticks but i was sick as hell with really bad painful cramps. had another at 12 weeks because i wasnt measuring right. and then had the gender one at 20 weeks.

with this pregnancy i had my first one yesterday at 18 weeks--- it took me a while to get to a doc.
Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:07 PM   #25
road2healthy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it depends on your insurance and your Dr. With my first I had two.. about 20 weeks and then at about 36 or so.. my second I had in Germany and had one at 6 weeks, one at 20 weeks and then one once a week after 28 weeks.. this one I had one at 6 weeks, and one at 20 weeks.... I asked Dr yesterday if she was going to do another she said that because of insurance reasons she wasn't unless there was a reason. You can get a 3D/4D one at your own cost though. HTH

Pagan Mama of 3 boys:Tyler age 13, Tomas age 6 & my hypnobaby: Caden born May 19.
road2healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:34 PM   #26
proudmommaof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It really does depend on the docs. My first preg. was with a regular ob/gyn and he does alot of u/s. I switched half way through that pregnancy to a midwife. Not because of the doc, because of the hospital. The most I had was with my 3rd pregnancy. I had one to date the pregnancy, one at 20wks. one to check positioning around 36 wks and a BPP at 38wks. This one I have had one at 20 wks and will have to have another one because I have a lowlying placenta.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #27
amberlina
Registered Users

My Mood:

ive actually had three myself 1) determine how far along i was 2) to confirm #1 and because it was scheduled to early for gender and anatomy i had a 3rd at 19 weeks. But they have given me 3 different due dates, so IDK. Im hoping to get another sometime towards "the end" only because DH is adopted so we know nothing of his family history and we have some problems in my family we are aware of, but really I dont know my family history either. I want confirmation everything is OK pretty much. I havent really had any real complications, just the normal pregnancy woes, + some sugar imbalances so we will see.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #28
sahm108
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***la
seller

My Mood:

I didn't have any ultrasounds with my youngest. With DD I had one at 17 weeks because we couldn't find her heartbeat, then the anatomy scan at 21 weeks and then one at the end because my family doctor couldn't tell if she was breech or not.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #29
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With all 3 of my pg's I've only had the 20 week one. My OB told me that because the safety of u/s hadn't been proven one way or the other, he errs on the side of caution and will only do the 20 week one unless something unusual comes up. I now have a mw for this pg and she probably wouldn't have recommended the 20 weeks one, but I was still w/ my OB at 20 weeks. Unless you are high-risk, I really don't see the benefit of multiple u/s.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote